Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

Thanks, Beth, but I found out this afternoon he does have diabetes. When all his blood tests are back, I have to go back to the vet to learn everything I'll need to know to take care of him. I'm so bummed out ;(

Sorry to hear this. : (

Susan, still sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your Bailey...

My mallards have come back!! They always come around the end of this month....fly into the big pond in back then walk up to my feeder....I love seeing them again :heart:

Susan, I think it will be okay. You will have to be more careful on feeding and medications etc, but dogs can be treated for diabetes. Keep us updated.

IDK about PMS in men, but I think my husband is going through menopause. He is waking up with hot flashes in the middle of the night, lol!:017:

Susan, Amber is right....diabetes in dogs is often very manageable and they can still have great quality of life. I know you hate for your babies to be sick at all though. :(

Steph, are you feeling better? Poor Shianne feels like trash now.

I had my appt. with the vet today. I got all the supplies I need to test Bailey's blood glucose (every 2 hours to start!) and give him twice a day insulin injections. Diabetic dog food is on order. Also I have to exercise him the same time every day. It's all a bit overwhelming, but I know after some time it will feel like old hat.

There is lots of expense getting started with the test kit and all the supplies, but after this it will be manageable on a monthly basis. My dad (a diabetic, himself) had me so worried that I wouldn't be able to afford it. He thinks I'm nuts and should have put Bailey down. That was never an option, and I know all you animal lovers agree with me.

Bailey's doing just fine, not even a whimper with all the pokes and needles. He's such a brave, good boy! As long as he's happy, I'm happy!

V Bailey is the black dog (always so grateful for everything) Gizmo is the white and tan Shih Tzu (feels entitled to everything he wants any time he wants it)

dsc00020qqm.jpg

Thank you everyone for your comfort and encouragement. Farmers are the greatest!!!

Edited by SingsInFrench
Added pic