Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

I was reading a story about 80's fashion, and saw this.  Of course I was surprised to see what I thought was a certain rock star's name across the tongue!  Fooled me though.  It really says "Competition".

image.png.9fd9f97058f9bfe87c551b69e40bdfe1.png

On March 21, 2019 at 6:44 AM, Shelter said:

I bet this here is a fairly forgotten Tom Petty moment...

It's not really my style but it was interesting to hear; I did like that violin solo or should I call it a fiddle? Good playing!

The song is way too country for me  but I reckon this is quite the treat for the TPATH fans who lean more towards the country side of things. And here it is, hidden away in the Random Thoughts Thread by Mr. Shelter.

cheers

On a lovely Saturday, March 31st, 1984, my best girl and I both said "I do".  The next morning of course the first thing I said to her was "APRIL FOOL"!!!!

So yesterday we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with a nice dinner out.  This morning as I kissed her goodbye and ushered her out the door with an "I love you", my last words were of course "APRIL FOOL".  😁

14 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

Plot twist: It's actually a polyamourous relationship.

Double twist, one of the participants in the polyamorus relationship is the ghost of a pirate... 

Congratulations TomFest!  35 is a great run in the days of 50% divorce rates. :)  

...this "super-bloom" of flowers across California might be closest we get to Wildflowers for now. FYI Nice grassroots site (if you're into day-dreaming about hiking & wildflowers in California) seems to be website by rangers / national parks for Santa Monica mountains www.smmflowers.org/whatsblooming/

The first image is posted on a NASA site - no it's not from a satellite - yes photographer is NASA pilot. 

image.jpeg.567ae226da169e56a1ec6223e156c635.jpeg 

These 2 are from other sites. image.jpeg.f1a1e27a0dffdfca5e075d7bc6ece3e2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5945acf01b0623b55846392264cf74bf.jpeg

Interesting side note to the black hole photo that has been making the rounds.  I'm literally neighbors with MIT Haystack observatory which played a major role in the collection of data.  Also good on Katie Bouman for creating the algorithm to make the image possible!  Very cool to see Westford MA mentioned at least tangentially in this story! 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/us/katie-bouman-mit-black-hole-algorithm-sci-trnd/index.html

On 4/9/2019 at 6:01 PM, nobodyinparticular said:

Just finished playing Mass Effect. I liked it quite a bit. The gameplay was a bit janky at times (and there were a few glitches) but the writing was top-notch.

Just finished playing the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Second game was great. Third game was, too, up until the last ten minutes.

Yes, the ending is as terrible as everyone says it is. I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen.