Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

^  buy and own Disney stock like I did 25 years ago. They own ESPN, ABC, cruise ships, LA Angels Baseball team, Movie Studios,  Anaheim Ducks hockey, Hotels, Resorts, Theme Parks and a hell of a lot more. Disney knows what they are doing. IF you are young, I would recommend buying stock in Disney and holding it til you retire. BTW, put that stock in a "DRIP" plan, where you can buy more stock straight from the company and avoid paying a broker fee and seller fees. Be sure to sign up for the DRIP plan and reinvest all (100%) dividends to buy more stock. I didn't get to where I am today by just working, I invested in about 30 major companies on their DRIP plans about 25-30 years ago. Oh, the best company I invested in and made a lot of money on was McDonalds!!!!!

^ Wonder if they will now be churning out bad news? Comic news, perhaps? Animated news? Will Pluto somehow be unleashed in Fox hunts to come?

Oh well. Soon 99% of publishing houses are controlled by almost as few people as already control 99% of wealth. I don't have to ask what Donald thinks of that. (He's living proof that we feel free enough to don't care that we're not.)

Ok. That thought was not random. I admit. It was inevitable.

Apparently the gaming industry, in 2014, made $83.6 in global revenue. That's more than the film industry ($36.4 billion) and music industry ($15.06) combined. 

I'm not surprised. I'd imagine a lot of that would be mobile games with microtransactions. And lootboxes, which is pretty much a form of gambling. And more microtransactions. God, I hate microtransactions.

They are a complete rip-off. I don't really like where the games industry is going.

There's not been any titles in the last few years that have caught my interest. I don't even pay any attention to E3 anymore. I'll stick to older releases; there's the additional benefit that they actually run on my old computer.

2 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

"Parkinson’s disease symptoms: Sweating during hot weather could be a sign of disease"

Um, okay...

Can't edit, but wanted to elaborate further. The article said that excessive sweating may be an early sign of PD. Which is true. But that headline is just bloody misleading and I don't like that.

I just realized how extremely blessed I am, to have lived to catch all the different TPATH line-ups perform live. (Including the honorary Heartbreaker, too.)