Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

5 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

Kidney stones are legitimately terrifying. There's pictures of them under electron microscopes. Wouldn't recommend looking them up. 

Yeah, I've had 2 of those over the years.  Absolutely the worst pain I've ever felt......twice.

On 1/30/2018 at 8:50 AM, nurktwin said:

^^   I agree too. The Grammys, Academy Awards, Emmy's, Tony's, Country Music Awards, Golden Globes and all the others are awards for your accomplishments and being the best at what you do. When you cry that not enough women, men, whites, blacks, Latino's, Asians and everyone else don't get enough awards, you are dividing the country more than it already is. If you want to get political, go tell your story to the major news networks and then run for office, not at an awards show! If I was a sponsor of these shows, I'd pull my money out and there would be no televised shows on national TV. The winners would be announced in the newspapers and their trophy would be sent to them in the mail. I rest my case!!

I agree as well.  I am really tired of it all. 

I just realized that today is the 40th anniversary of one of my all time favorite rock and roll road-trips - down from Seattle to L.A. in my jalopy of a '65 Dodge Dart for Cal Jam 2 at Ontario Motor Speedway.  Aerosmith, Heart, Dave Mason, Foreigner on their first tour, Santana, Terrible Ted, and more.  A great day of music.

Too bad Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers didn't play that show.  They started a west coast tour about 3 weeks after Cal Jam 2, so it seems like they would have been available.  Probably just not well-known enough quite yet to get into that kind of a show.

Thanks. The method I use is called databending and it's pretty fun. A similar thing, circuit bending, actually goes back to the 1960s when a guy accidentally shorted out a toy transistor amplifier and discovered that messing around with the circuitry inside of electronics could create some really weird and cool noises.

I just made a big mess of the Long After Dark album cover:

4WkmI5Z.jpg

On 3/20/2018 at 6:03 PM, Lorra said:

On second thought, I have no business laughing because your mess-up far surpasses anything I would endeavor.

It was intentional! It's called glitch art for a reason. Though it didn't really come out quite as I'd expected. 

The biography's pretty good. Hope you enjoy it.

We're going to the Mariners opener Thursday night.  Felix is pitching.  They always give the big refrigerator magnet schedules on opening day.  Our 2nd fridge in the garage is covered in them on 2 sides.

Baseball is life!

13 hours ago, TomFest said:

We're going to the Mariners opener Thursday night.  Felix is pitching.  They always give the big refrigerator magnet schedules on opening day.  Our 2nd fridge in the garage is covered in them on 2 sides.

Baseball is life!

Great news, TomFest!!! Isn't this Felix's 11th straight opening day start?

I won't be at opening day anywhere, but at least I did make it to spring training this year; I was sick the last TWO years.

I swear I will get to Safeco Field someday (almost did in 2015). Although I've been to nearly 30 MLB parks, several of them have since been demolished, so there are many that are still on my list. If all goes well, we may make it to Comerica Park, Progressive Field, and PNC Park in June. We have to go out to the East coast for a wedding anyway, so hopefully we can make a vacation out of it.

Yes, baseball is life. :D