Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

What you forget is that this is AMERICA. NOTHING moves fast. The founders placed sooooooooo many safeguards on everything (thank God) that it's impossible for 1 person to destroy the country overnight. Being the President of The United States of America or the leader of the free world is just a title, it means nothing. He can't do anything without the Senate's approval and after that the House's approval. This guy has a higher chance of impeachment than getting his own party to agree with him on getting rid of Obama Care. Like I said, nothing moves fast here, but impeachment will most likely happen before 2020!  BTW, for the record, I'd like to say that many things are wrong in our country, but why pick on stupid shit like removing confederate statues? I'm a Yankee and I don't understand it, it's our history. Many Americans fought and lost their lives in the Civil war fighting against their own brothers and relatives for what they believed in. Why did this happen? And why was it called "Civil"? We went to school to learn this history of ours and now they want to take our history away. WTF is going on? I know and hopefully you'll get it when you go to the voting booth in 2020.

No, I've been listening 24/7. Why would I stop listening to someone that has been such a huge part of my life? Without Tom, I wouldn't know any of you here and experienced all the times we spent together. It's more than a sad time in our lives, but Tom wouldn't want it that way. He'd want us to celebrate his life and that's what I'm doing. All I have now is the music and I'll use it to the fullest for the rest of my life. TPATH is the greatest American band ever and certainly the greatest live band of all time. I'll miss him greatly, thinking I'll never see a show again, never getting a new LP and never hearing his voice telling his funny stories. YES, I'll miss Tom Petty, but he will always be right beside me listening to the music. God Bless You Tom.

1 hour ago, Mudcrutch said:

Anyone else find it still hard to listen to TPATH?

It's bittersweet, for sure.  It's tough to hear his music without feeling an incredible sense of loss. 

Guest DJ's would be nice IF they knew or worked with Tom and told real stories from the past 40 or 50 years. Just having any Joe Blow on the air talking about Tom is a No Go. If that was the case, anyone of us could make a tape and talk about Tom and play a few of his songs. The DJ's we are talking about are probably Bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne, Stevie Nicks, Roger McGuinn and a handful of others. Let's face it, most of the greats Tom grew up with are gone. I wish it wasn't true, but it is. I still miss John and George and I'll put Tom right up there with them. I've seen over 100 shows by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, and all I can say is that I've never been a Heartbreaker, but now I'm Heartbroken. God Bless Tom Petty!

On October 9, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Mudcrutch said:

Anyone else find it still hard to listen to TPATH?

No. I've been listening to a little bit of live and studio stuff. The same thing happened when Chris Cornell died, I listed to some Soundgarden I hadn't heard in a while.  The day the news broke I listened to some TPATH.

All mentally instable and evil dictators want to close down free media. That's part of closing down free society and democracy. It's only natural, so why is all (and NBC) so surprised??

I'm sure they are still in shock and it will take some time for them to speak to the public. They are still grieving and should be left alone at this hard time. I do agree that Tony (management) should have made an official announcement, but then again, that's his call, not ours.

Tony did make an official announcement at the officials but nothing has been said since.O

On behalf of the Tom Petty family, we are devastated to announce the untimely death of our father, husband, brother, leader and friend Tom Petty. 

He suffered cardiac arrest at his home in Malibu in the early hours of this morning and was taken to UCLA Medical Center but could not be revived. 

He died peacefully at 8:40PM PST surrounded by family, his bandmates, and friends.

- Tony Dimitriades, longtime manager of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, on behalf of the family

On behalf of the Tom Petty family, we are devastated to announce the untimely death of our father, husband, brother, leader and friend Tom Petty. 

He suffered cardiac arrest at his home in Malibu in the early hours of this morning and was taken to UCLA Medical Center but could not be revived. 

He died peacefully at 8:40PM PST surrounded by family, his bandmates, and friends.

- Tony Dimitriades, longtime manager of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, on behalf of the family

4 weeks ago.

Each and everyday i listened to TPATH.

Sometimes with a grin, but most of the time with tears in my eyes.

It's still disbelief.

For me, can't say if i'm happy, or sad listening now to the old ones,  but it will be hard if any "NEW" song will be released.

Because it has been written about something that happened in the past.

And then again i can't say if i'm happy, or sad listening.