Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

I didn't like the ending of Gone Girl (the movie). Spoilers for the ending:

SPOILERS

I don't accept that he would roll over and let her blackmail him into a pregnancy. Nor that the other detectives could be so stupid as to ignore the female detective's intelligent questioning of the psychotic woman. It felt like her plot should've fallen apart there or the movie needed another 20 minutes to resolve properly. There's just no way Ben Affleck's character would submit to a marriage and raising a child with her.

The thing is - why would anyone renew unless there was a good reason?  All subscriptions would have expired months ago but they kept extending us until there was a reason to renew. Apparently, that reason has arrived.  I expect an announcement shortly, but I don't expect a Mudcrutch show in Seattle.  I hope I'm wrong, but my guess is that I'll have to travel to see them.

Hm.. interesting. Exciting and depressing at the same time.. since I guess it's safe to say both nurktwin and tomfest are probably spot on in their assumptions. On the one hand we all know we are reduced to customers and numbers, on the other, this may well be a sign that "All The Rest" has finally(!!) been assigned a date by WB or that Mudcrutch 2 is ready for launch. One would think that, in a just world, any info or bait would be plain in sight before you are asked to pay, if there is anything coming up. Unless the office is looking to have you guys pay twice (stranger things have happened!) - once now, asap and once when the VIP 40th Anniversary HCC membership package (with all you can eat cheese, brand cutlery, official sponsor rental cars, zippo lighters, beer openers and a chance to maybe buy tickets) will be announced within weeks. Ok, these thoughts of mine are not random at all..

How's this for random: my harvest of beetroot have failed. Bummer.

That's a shame about the beetroot.

Regarding a tour and potential tickets; I can't say about Mudcrutch, since they play smaller venues but it should be and most likely is possible that aside from residencies, good TPATH tickets can be found the day of the show at the box office. I've been lucky to have gotten great tickets for Pearl Jam and other bands the day of. 

Having not been a member of the Heartbreakers Fan Club or Highway Group or whatever it's called, I don't know if there's other benefits worth the cost but if one just wants to go to the show, I recommend day of tix. I know that may be contrary to what people are used to, but it beats going through the frustration of Ticketmaster and ending up with seats far from the stage. Of course, sometimes one can be lucky with that system. 

And I understand about wanting to have tickets in hand when traveling to a show.

But if it's your hometown, don't feel the blues, just go the day of and you should be able to get good seats.

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU HOLD OFF FOR DAY OF SHOW TICKETS BE WARNED THAT IT COULD BE A FLUKE AND YOU MAY NOT GET TICKETS. I CAN'T 100% GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET TICKETS ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW AT THE BOX OFFICE.

If I've missed the point completely about this topic, it must be from the shock of learning about Shelter's beetroot situation, in which case, kindly ignore this post if you haven't already.

cheers

Edited by MaryJanes2ndLastDance

That's a shame about the beetroot.

Regarding a tour and potential tickets; I can't say about Mudcrutch, since they play smaller venues but it should be and most likely is possible that aside from residencies, good TPATH tickets can be found the day of the show at the box office. I've been lucky to have gotten great tickets for Pearl Jam and other bands the day of. 

Having not been a member of the Heartbreakers Fan Club or Highway Group or whatever it's called, I don't know if there's other benefits worth the cost but if one just wants to go to the show, I recommend day of tix. I know that may be contrary to what people are used to, but it beats going through the frustration of Ticketmaster and ending up with seats far from the stage. Of course, sometimes one can be lucky with that system. 

And I understand about wanting to have tickets in hand when traveling to a show.

But if it's your hometown, don't feel the blues, just go the day of and you should be able to get good seats.

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU HOLD OFF FOR DAY OF SHOW TICKETS BE WARNED THAT IT COULD BE A FLUKE AND YOU MAY NOT GET TICKETS. I CAN'T 100% GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET TICKETS ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW AT THE BOX OFFICE.

If I've missed the point completely about this topic, it must be from the shock of learning about Shelter's beetroot situation, in which case, kindly ignore this post if you haven't already.

cheers

Membership at the official board is about more than advance access to concert tickets.  In recent years it has included a copy of the new record, usually an exclusive copy of a live record recorded on the tour - that you can't buy anywhere else - and some kind of discount in the store (which is kind of lame, truth be known).  So I've joined up, even though I'm kind of a tightwad.

My guess on the upcoming announcement will be - a copy of the new Mudcrutch record, and advance access to concert tickets - and maybe more music recorded live on the tour.  Just a guess, but that would be consistent with recent years.

Membership at the official board is about more than advance access to concert tickets.  In recent years it has included a copy of the new record, usually an exclusive copy of a live record recorded on the tour - that you can't buy anywhere else - and some kind of discount in the store (which is kind of lame, truth be known).  So I've joined up, even though I'm kind of a tightwad.

My guess on the upcoming announcement will be - a copy of the new Mudcrutch record, and advance access to concert tickets - and maybe more music recorded live on the tour.  Just a guess, but that would be consistent with recent years.

The live e.p. sounds pretty good. 

cheers