Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Photo of the Day - Part II

I love these photos, thanks for sharing, Beth.

Doesn't Marcie look great? She's so beautiful. Doggie love and rock n roll can keep you young, apparently!

Ahhhhh, me, too, MJ!!

Lynn Goldsmith has taken so many cool photos of people in the rock industry.

http://www.lynngoldsmith.com/

I was going to say, "She is a photographer" might be understating it a little. :003: Glad you posted this link. She is very cool.

480065_482721851743643_25426139_n.jpg

I tell this story with the permission of the girl on the photo. This is one of our Russian fans, which was at a concert in Horsens. After that she went to a concert in Stockholm. Before the show, she met Mike on the street. He recognized her and said: Oh, Russian! They talked a bit and did this photo.

A fan posted this front row photo. What a great shot!

That really is a great photo, lookit how happy he looks.

I was in Nashville last Saturday and saw a white SG like that one he's playing; they are cool guitars.

Lynn is a lucky gal.

And that pale yellow guitar is the one I'm so fascinated with... when I was in Nashville on Sat. I'd hoped to see one similiar but it had sold the day before. I was so sad, they let me see a Gretsch White Penguin that belonged to the late Dan Fogelberg - that cheered me right up. Those old Gretschs are gorgeous!

^ When I was in KC visiting my brother, we stopped at a music store and he bought a Gretsch Silver Falcon. Oddly enough the guitar is not silver, it's black, but has silver metal flake binding on the body, neck and truss rod cover on the headstock. The next day we went to another shop where Fred Gretsch was making an appearance and a 2 hour presentation about the history of Gretsch and slide show with some of the Gretsch players including George Harrison and Mike Campbell. After the show Fred autographed my brothers Silver Falcon. We should have brought my brothers Gretsch Tennessean too. I have an old 1964 Gretsch Country Gent, double cutaway like George Harrison's in dark walnut finish-gold plated. The other Gretsch I have is a Traveling Wilburys model TW500 like the one played by George in the "Handle With Care" video.

From Royal Albert Hall - I love that Tompetty.com is posting pictures and recaps of the tour this year. I really enjoy reading them and looking at the pictures.

Beautiful shot of Benmont.

15dsc_5063_640.jpg

10_dsc_4350_640.jpg

9_dsc_4540_640.jpg