Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

I Love.....

Yes folks, you have to pay to sit on the beach in New Jersey. We used to make a game out of avoiding the beach patrol when we were there on vacation - after paying a small fortune to rent a house on the beach, it was a little disconcerting to realize they still expected us to buy the stupid beach tags if we wanted to walk out the back door and sit near the water. What a racket - we weren't even on a beach that had life guards so what were we paying for? It was a fairly small amount of money to buy the tags but it was the principle of the thing, lol.

I love the ocean. Not a fan of the Jersey shore, though!

I am not a fan of all the beaches at the Jersey Shore myself. I think you had went to Wildwood area, Nancy, I am not sure. Those beaches down there are not too pretty ( I am being nice now, lol)....My beach and the beach a dear friend stayed at when we went to the film Running Down A Dream is beautiful....absolutely beautiful..

I love my beach.....I love my ocean....and I love this Farm....:003:

^ Oh, interesting! I've never heard of having to pay at a beach before. But then again, I'd never heard of having to pay to drive on the Interstate either till I went to Nancy's! Every place does things a little differently. We probably have higher state taxes so it probably evens out.

^ You haven't been to any of the Orange County toll roads? Nice to avoid the traffic though.

There are some beaches around here that you have to pay to just access. El Capitan comes to mind. Maybe Refugio, too.

Wow Beth...must be nice to own a beach and the ocean, lol. :P

Beth, we would never vacation in Wildwood, ick. We've stayed in Stone Harbor and Ocean City. For what it's worth, I've been to your beach. I have friends who used to live in Seaside Heights and Toms River.

LOL Barb, I was on a toll road when I drove from Cypress to your house!

I love Caribbean beaches best... can't wait to get there this weekend!

AC is a free beach, though..but again..not so pretty.

There's hardly any beach left there! It used to be a really nice beach - when I was little back in the middle ages we went every year, my parents loved it. I have a picture of me on the Boardwalk shaking hands with Mr. Peanut LOL.

Seaside Heights is not a very nice beach, either, lol! I went there...once....

Seaside Park is more the family beaches...and the surfer's beach hardly gets crowded....I am so lucky to live this close...

Have fun in the Carribean, Nancy......I will still love this beach....:heart:

LOL Barb, I was on a toll road when I drove from Cypress to your house!

Yes, but you don't have to take the toll road. I agree it's nice and worth the $ when the traffic is heavy. I guess I should have said I'd never seen an Interstate that you had to pay to drive on. I have seen toll bridges, though, in the Bay Area.

I have a picture of me on the Boardwalk shaking hands with Mr. Peanut LOL.

LOL We used to see Mr. Peanut in Ocean City, too.

Beth, I lived in New Jersey for years and there are very few places on the shore south of Point Pleasant that I have not visited. I know exactly where your beach is located, though our destination back then was usually Island Beach State Park. Enjoy it and be happy there is one less family crowding it this holiday weekend.

I love that David Cook won American Idol! He is from my area...that is the only reason I watched. lol He is awesome! And he's a rocker! Whoohoooo!

Oh dear! The attendance secretary at my school is related to David Archuletta so naturally she's got photos and articles about him all over her counter. She'll be devastated.