Sign in to follow this  
Nylle

It just warms my heart -

To see Mudcrutch in the #8 position on the Billboard 200 & #3 on the Billboard Rock Albums. Considering some of the other albums in the top 10 (Mariah Carey, Madonna :jpshakehead:), it restores (some of) my faith in the music-buying public. I'm especially happy for Tom L & Randall - how cool is this for them?

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=The+Billboard+200

That is awesome news! I just purchased the Mudcrutch cd today and was pleasantly surprised when the salesgirl told me they're flying off the shelves here...in fact I got the 2nd last copy. I never thought they'd be so popular here in Canada yet....I think it's very cool. When I was shopping in Michigan last week, they were sold out at FYE. :)

That is awesome news! I just purchased the Mudcrutch cd today and was pleasantly surprised when the salesgirl told me they're flying off the shelves here...in fact I got the 2nd last copy. I never thought they'd be so popular here in Canada yet....I think it's very cool. When I was shopping in Michigan last week, they were sold out at FYE. :)

That is so fabulous!!!

Lauren, you just reminded me - I meant to mention earlier that I've been in Target a few times since the cd was released and the cd was off the shelves very quickly there, too.

Edited by Refugee

i agree relic, this cd is great and will be around for a good while. from the moment i 1st heard it, it seemed natural and like i've been hearing it for years, and some songs i have (shady grove & lover of the bayou). it almost reminds me of roger mcguinn's folk den project to preserve traditional folk music. so here's my question: if you walk into ameoba records or other record shop in say 10-20 years, what section of music would you expect this cd to be in? r&r? folk? oldies? lets hear your responses.