Sign in to follow this  
Revup67

No Nutra-Sweet 4/4 dance record - for sure.

Got something weird going on here -

Maybe its my shitty stereo, or mp3 player, or whatever, but the Mudcrutch cd just doesn't seem to translate well over my zen player - I uploaded the 256Kbps copy I got with the tickets, but the actual CD sounds so much better..... Seems like a lot of compression on the mp3 version played on my zen - almost to the point of generating fatigue.

Maybe I'll try ripping the CD and playing that on the player and see if it makes a difference.

Both ELO and the Move - excellent bands - no dispute there and in part, thanks to Jeff Lynne.

Just that Jeff Lynne formula doesn't work with every artist. Of similar nature, it would suck if the Byrds were produced by Diana Ross. And I don't like steak sauce with my spaghetti.

^ That's what I was saying. I had no problem with ELO, I just didn't think it gelled well with the more immediate sound the Heartbreakers were known for. Some people like the more polished production Jeff Lynne offers, but for me, some bands lose their edge when "earbrushed" into perfection. If you dig his stuff, that's cool, too.

Edited by Beamish