Sign in to follow this  
fandlinvegas

Troubadour Shows: Review and Pics

Alright, I’m horrible at writing reviews but here I go. I was very fortunate enough to be able to get tickets for all six nights of the Troubadour run. To tell you the truth, I don’t know what I can add about the shows since everyone else did such a marvelous job with their reviews. All I can say is that it was truly an honor to be able to see Mudcrutch in such an intimate venue. I had been to the Troubadour before, but I had forgotten how small that place really is. To be just feet away from the band was really special.

Each show was equally amazing. Though I love every song that they performed, I must say that Crystal River is something else. Each night it completely blew me away! Mike and Benmont were just amazing on this song. I really like Oh Maria and was kinda bummed they decided to take it off the set on quite a few nights, but oh well. The jam they added between Crystal River and Topanga Cowgirl was very cool. It was a little extended piece that flowed from one song right into the other, and the guys just tore it up. For me the highlight of the run was Thursday night. I can’t thank Mike and Tom P. enough for being so gracious and kind.

Like I said, I really don’t what else to add. The shows were amazing! This experience is definitely something I will treasure for the rest of my life. I want to thank everyone I met and hung out with over the course of the shows. Patty, Ed and his son, Tara, Liz, Linda, Kevin, Beth, Toni, Weird Monkey, Athena, Relic, Laurie, and to everyone else, I had SO much fun hanging out with you! All of you guys are such nice people. Beth, I’m glad you had such a wonderful birthday! You deserve it! Patty, I loved hearing all of your stories! You are such a cool person. Toni, it was great to see you again and talk some baseball. Tara and Liz, it was a pleasure meeting you. Kevin and Linda, you guys are simply the best! Ed, if you’re reading this, I’m so happy for you and hope to see you at future shows! Relic and Athena, I’m stoked you guys ended up getting tickets to the last show and thanks for the water! Weird Monkey, glad you and your hubby made it back to the desert safe and sound! I also want to thank Scotty (aka the king of text messaging) for being such a cool guy.

And THANK YOU Mudcrutch! These shows are so special to me....I can't thank you guys enough!!

Ok, I think I’m done, hah. Here are some pictures from the gigs. The first few are from the first night and the rest are from the last show. Hope you enjoy them.

mc21.jpg

mud41.jpg

mudd1.jpg

tp22.jpg

mc31.jpg

tl1.jpg

mctl11.jpg

mud22.jpg

mud31.jpg

Edited by fandlinvegas

Kianna, you are the best! I can't tell you how much I enjoy our friendship.

Once again, thanks for taking me under your wing for the Troubadour show.

God, those are such great pictures! :) :heart:

Kianna, you truly are the best!!! You know I thank you for everything....so much fun to share those shows with you. These photos are just beautiful!! I loved reading this review and it brings back all those great memories...here's to more shows!!!

:D!!!!!!

It was great spending those wonderful hours with you in line, and inside the Troubadour. Having friends there made everything seem all the more wonderful.

Excellent photos. Glad you were able to capture some of the amazing moments!

Still cannot believe the amazing sights and sounds over the past couple of weeks. What an honor, and a thrill to be present.

You sure put your time in in that line!

Never thought you could have so much fun on a street corner on Santa Monica Blvd. did you? :)

Relic, it was the people in line that also made these shows so much more special...I am thinking of all that water you were trying to give away now...lots of great memories.....before, during and after these shows......you guys are all the best and it was a pleasure to spend that time with you. I will do that again in a heartbeat..and I sure hope I get the chance! You guys rock!!!

Kianna, very nice review and loved the pictures. Sounds like an amazing week...You got to hang out with some really cool people and got to see all six Mudcrutch shows at the Troubadour! You lucky girl! :003:

The water was an impulse buy - we were stocking up and I remembered other folks giving out water (and even food! Yum!). So I picked up a case of water.

Next thing, I'm trying to carry it from the car (across the street in the parking lot), it pops open, and 6 or 7 bottles of water are rolling down the various hills and ramps of the parking lot.

I tracked down most of 'em, and somehow got 'em to the line.

The next issue that came up was I started stressing that I wouldn't be able to give 'em all away before the line went into the gig - and there's nothing more pathetic than a nerdy white guy in a Dirty Knobs t-shirt chasing water bottles along Santa Monica Blvd at 7 in the evening.

So I knew I was on a mission. I didn't care if people already had water, or were jumping up and down because they had to pee. Up and down the line I went, describing the wonderful qualities of water, how much people really wanted it, etc. Well, I'm laying it on a little thick here, but really, I had to work to give most of it away.

This homeless guy walked by - Here, have some water! Next it was a couple of gals with Kittens, Here have two bottles!

The homeless guy was so happy to get the water that he treated us all to an oral rendition of his entire medical history. Ill spare you the details, but I did get balled out by at least one other line member afterwards who didn't think fraternizing with disturbed people on Santa Monica Blvd was a good idea.

Anyhow, on balance it was a fun experience and I'd do it again - but I would bring a bag or something because those fucking bottles roll like a sonofabitch! ;)

The homeless guy was so happy to get the water that he treated us all to an oral rendition of his entire medical history. Ill spare you the details, but I did get balled out by at least one other line member afterwards who didn't think fraternizing with disturbed people on Santa Monica Blvd was a good idea.

LOL! Was it the homeless guy who was sporting that lovely camouflage mini skirt?

I think so, Kianna....we saw alot of things waiting in that line. I am just so glad I decided to go to these shows. Amazing time!

Kianna, these photos are just so beautiful! I love that one of yours that Toni just posted, too...what an incredible time you had...all those shows! You go, girl!! Thank you again for everything......let's hope the guys want to do that month long gig at the Troubadour someday......I will be there...