Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Mudcrutch - Troubadour - 05/02/08

All I can say is OMG! I had the BEST time tonight!! It was SO worth the 300 mile drive.

I'm exhausted and have to go to work, so I will get up later and write something.

My BIG thank you to Kevin and Kianna. Thank you so much for everything!! It was so nice to see Dave, Athena, Relic and Heather! Guess who else I saw and chatted with briefly?? RON! :003:

As for the band...you guys stole my heart. :heart: Thank you SO much, Mike.

Scotty and John, you two are sweethearts! ;)

Alright Linda!!! I bet you're so glad you went now. Sounds like one of those amazing nights. Get some rest. I can't wait to hear all the details. And, OMG! Ron was there. That just put a big smile on my face. :003:

Trying to get my picture to upload from last night... will post right away!

One of the coolest parts from last night, "Wow. I see a lot of new faces here tonight, but I see a lot of familiar ones too. I think I'm starting to get to know some of you really well..." - TP

The greatest shows of my life - damn that band kicked ass!! Now I have to catch Dirty Knobs around LA and what band does Benmont run around with locally here? Anyone know?

I also liked when TP said, "We'll have to play this gig again. Next time, lets just go for a month!" - TP

I just wanted to drop a quick post and let you all know what a fabulous time we had at the show. I'll let others more knowledgeable describe the Event (I loved Youtellconcerts' Dana story in the other thread!), but I just wanted to let you guys know what a treat it was to meet Linda/Refugee, Kianna, Kevin, Ed, his son, and the rest of you - you guys made not only what was shaping up to be a remarkable night, but a remarkable day too! I was so glad to have met and chatted with you all!

The pictures my husband took didn't come out too good - I can't wait to see some of yours! If Tom was serious (and it's serious business, dontcha know! :045:) about last night not being the last night -I hope to see you all again some day!:heart:

I'm glad everyone had a great time. Welcome to the farm Weird Monkey! Sounds like you met up with some very nice folks. :)

WreckMeBaby, thanks for the review and the pic! I sure hope they do play this gig again, LOL! :045:

Last night was phenomenal! The intimacy in the Troubadour cannot be beat. The staff there really know what they are doing and how to run a show of this calibre. Kudos to them!

I drove down and got to the venue around 2 - 2:30PM? Kianna was already there. As she has been for all the shows. My hats off to you, Kianna! We had so much fun talking and meeting all the people coming in line. Weird Monkey, I am assuming you were the couple right behind us? If so, I'm so glad you found us!! Welcome! It was a pleasure to chat with you and your husband. :)

Friday on the Santa Monica Blvd. is an interesting place to be, lol. Thank goodness we were in the shade for the afternoon. It was in the low 80s?

Ed/Ratcub, if you are reading this, it was very nice to meet you again. I hope you and your son have a safe trip back. :)

I have to tell you, I was working on very little sleep (think I was too excited the night before, lol), and very little to eat (Kianna, thank you again for the pop tart).

I was waiting for Kevin (kevinrocknroll) to show up, he so graciously invited me to the show. Thank you, Kevin! He got stuck on the 405 with a Sig Alert, you all know what that can be like on a Friday. But, he got there a lot earlier than anticipated.

We just stood/sat around shooting the shit and having so much fun! I never really noticed the line getting longer, lol. The GA at Ventura and the Troubadour were SO different, but I had fun at both! I know I say it's brutal and I won't do it again, but I know I will, hahahaha.

We were then led down from the lineup spot and stood ready to be let in. We got our wristbands and off we go! Kianna, Kevin and I got up right front between Tom P and Mike. I got to meet Scotty, the very nice security guard. We had so much chatting, he's the king of text messaging, hahaha.

While we waited for the band to take the stage, Kevin got a grilled cheese sandwich and fed me, lol. That was the best tasting grilled cheese I have had in a LONG time. Thank you, Kevin!

Then the anticipation builds up and then here they come!!! OMG! They hit the stage and go right into Shady Grove. I just couldn't get over how close we were to these men. I think I was shell shocked, haha.

Lots of smiles onstage. These men are having the time of their lives and it shows. Tom P and Tom L were very chatty last night. Telling us great stories...Tom P's story about the Knack and tables was fricking hilarious, hahaha. I wonder if he paid the $480.00 he owed them, hahaha.

Tom L took the time to thank everyone, the fans, TP&TH's management, his friends and Tom & Dana for housing him and Randall. Can you imagine the stories from their youth being told during the wee hours of the mornings? It was very sweet and very touching.

Then back to jamming! They didn't play Oh Maria, instead they played Off The Hook. Worked for me! Crystal River was just out of this world awesome. I was lost for a while during that song. It just takes me to another place. Last night was no exception. Everytime I think MC can't get any better on that guitar, he just takes it to another level. He and Benmont on this song..trading off...wow. I don't think my eyes still believe what they saw.

June Apple was great! What concentration Mike and Tom L have. I have always admired these men and the eye contact they have between each other.

During Rainy Day Women #12 and #35, some folks in the audience took Tom P seriously and got stoned, LOL!! Whoa, can we say contact high? For some reason, it just put a huge smile on my face. WreckMeBaby, was that you? LOL! Sorry we didn't get to meet up.

When the encore was over and we all knew that was it. I felt sad. I don't want this to end! I know, I'm being selfish, so shoot me.

Thank you so much Mudcrutch!!

Wonderful review Linda! I am so happy you made it to the last show and had such a great time. I'm happy these shows were so special to everyone, fans and the band alike. Here's hoping that they will do some more later on and this isn't over! :)

Linda, that review was fabulous! I'm so glad you went and had such a wonderful time. I know what you mean, it's so sad that these shows are all over now. Don't you just want to scream..."Mudcrutch come back!!!"

Kianna, I can't believe you made it took every single one of those Troubadour shows. You are amazing girl! I look forward to your review and pics.

what band does Benmont run around with locally here? Anyone know?

He's usually at Largo at least once a week (usually Thursdays), and shows up unexpectedly at a lot of the clubs on Sunset to sit in with bands.