GNV-UF

Gainesville Resident

I posted Tom's Malibu estate at the topic:   #19

He also has had a few houses right on the beach.

I kinda don't think Tom would like his address posted, but its right on Pacific Coast Highway, north of Malibu.

I couldn't find any current homes of Tom in Florida, however, Benmont still owns his father's house in Gainesville.

We probably went past it 1 day, but didn't know which house it was. We also went up in the hills to the the big house, but no luck there either. The beach houses didn't look all that big or fancy to me. We also stopped at Duke's Restaurant for fish and chips and watched the dolphins playing as we ate.

I took a look at Duke's Restaurant 21150 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA 90265.

Duke's is just to the south of Tom's beach house, like just a few doors down.

About two years ago I went to Malibu and photographed Tom's beach house.  

Tom bought the beach house in May 2003.

Hm.. just looked through this thread (and the related one) and must admit it's kinda cool to see all the places geographically. Makes me wanna travel grand, Google Earth style, checking things out.. Still, it also makes me feel like a lurker and a stalker. A lot more personal somehow, than roaming San Francisco hunting down Dirty Harry set locations.. But I suppose a hobby is a hobby, right.. :)

Kinda heartwarming to see that the houses of most of the HB guys are not much different from mine. Very humble living for hard working, world famous, widely credited and I'm sure very very well paid musicians. Makes me think they all have their own private castles tucked away in the Caymans or the Bahamas. Again, not much different from me, of course.... :)

As for TP -- his standards and general locations are well known to most. Been driving by that Duke's many times myself, when I lived in CA for many years. But somehow it never occured to me he was that close by.. All I could think of when I used to drive that part of the coast highway, is how much less you see of the ocean from there compared to a few miles further north. And I guess that's the whole point - you have to be inside these houses (or coast side of them) to enjoy them fully. Most of them look more like the Berlin Wall from the highway.

Of course, each time I looked to some of these closed up rich-dude-cages along the road, I couldn't shake the then current Hollywood take on it all.. and I compulsory started humming "Men, men, men-men, menly-men, men, men...oohhh". Oh, how different they are though - Charlie H and Charlie T. :) Not sure about the first one, he's not even real, but the latter reportedly rocked his way to close to the neighbourhood of 100 million dollars, so obviously the guy is gonna have a nice house. I sure would, if I were him. In fact, if I had just 10% of what he had, I'd come back over there to live right up the same coast in no time. I think Big Sur would be more my forte though. But - like we use to say around here - to each their own.

Thanks for posting interesting geographical data. Sorry for not finding my way around to it until now. Especially I love reading up on and repeating some of the formerly familiar info about the old studio and venue spots from over the years. Love seeing pictures of everything. From the Dub's to the Duke's. TP stardom full circle, right..?

Toms old encino house looks like it was foreclosed on. kinda suprised. Anyone know the deal and whatever happend to his ex wife? I wonder if he moved out before the divorce or he continued to live there until he bought his malibu place

HEY! I've thought of movin' to Gainesville for a long time, but as a non-forum person I didn't have any Petty people to discuss this with. 
I am a long-time Florida at heart person, and a Petty follower of course, or I wouldn't be here right? 

Anyhow, aside from a beach house I heard of, in Florida not in California, I was told that there's nothing left there, wish Dub's was, (and pardon for any repeats I haven't read each and every message here) 

Of course I've been told I'm being a fangirl, and frankly it brings one no closer to anything but heat, humidity and large bugs ... just thought I'd toss in two cents.