Sign in to follow this  
normandi

Monday night at the Troubadour

OMFG!!! I really have no words except to say how amazing that show was. I really am speechless. That was sooooo cool to get to witness that performance and enjoy such an intimate experience with my fave performers. I think Mudcrutch mentioned in his review how blown away he was by the intimacy of it, even having seen so many concerts up close. I have to agree, this really blew me away and it was an emotional experience. One really fun moment I caught between Mike and Benmont going into the second song was when Mike forgot to take off his capo and when he started playing he immediately knew something was wrong... looks down and pulls of the offending capo... looks over at Benmont who is shaking his head and cracking up!!! Very funny... but wow... that was amazing! My faves of the whole night were Crystal River and Lover of the Bayou... what a fun fun rock-n-roll night... did not hang around after the show but we did head on out to Pinks for some late night grub and to bed... yeah... back to Seattle... but I will be back for the Hollywood Bowl ! :cool:

Once again I miss meeting someone at a show. :( I think it's time to make official name tags or something.

Thanks for the story about the capo Normandie. I looked over and saw them giggling but had missed what had happened.

"Once again I miss meeting someone at a show. :("

Awww... sorry I missed you guys... I just thought so many folks would be going to the Fri and Sat shows that I did not even think to check on who would be going to the Mon show! But hey... we will get to meet at the Hollywood Bowl for sure!

"...And now we know for sure who played drums for the Blue Stingrays."

Yes! That was so cool to get to see Randall soak that credit in with a good gesture from Mike! By the way did you catch where on the first song Mike sauntered over behind and to the left of Tom in an effort to lock in with Randall... but Randall was so focused and intense he did not notice Mike for a while... Mike kept leaning down... leaning down... gettin' low how he does for solo's when all of a sudden Randall finally sees him and you can see Mike tryin' to get him to smile and just soak in the joy as if to say, "Isn't this so fucking cool?!!!" right then a huge smile breaks across Randall's face and you could see him loosen up just a bit... it was really cool and very indicative of the interplay that was going on all night between everyone. They are really just havin' a blast... man, I am still overwhelmed at how cool this is. It really is like getting to see your best friends play and absolutely just perform their best and you are so happy to see them play as good as you know they are!!!!

And man do I want that "mudcrutch for president" shirt that Mike wore for the encore! :cool:

Just got back home. The show was great. With such a small venue you can see all the Little things that Normidi was talking about. There were plenty of Little funny things that the band was doing. Ben just Ripped his Jacket off after the first song, and Slammed it on top of the Paino. There were plenty of times that He was just Getting it!!

Mike was passing out Pics to the Ladies in front & chucked a few after the Show, but I missed out on one. Mike was rockin all night, and had some killer moves on Crystal River. My Cousin even said that was worth the price of Admission there. I forget what song it was on, but toward the End, Tom P was just staring at Randell, just to see how fast he could keep up and Randell was just giving it right back at him! & Tom L, had some great Solos, and really did a great job of introducing everybody and their Side Projects. Good to see and hear some of them announced, even the Blue Stingrays one, that was a surprise!

Yep the Name tag Idea would have been good, but met a great bunch of fans! Thanks for the H2O Relic!! Good talking with you.

Man, there were some Cars driving at that Intersection. There is some money around there. What an experience~! d

Finally checking in here about Monday. Holy crap, what a tiny venue! A thousand thanks to Mudcrutch for giving their fans such an unforgettable treat.

I share a lot of Danny's memories, especially about Benmont ripping off his jacket at the beginning of the show, and Tom P and Randall locking eyes during one of the songs. It was also very kind of Mike to give picks to all of the Knobettes who were directly in front of him.

Another fun thing was when the band was in the upstairs area, preparing to go on. Mike and Tom L were peeking through the windows and several people (me included) were waving at them. Mike put a finger to his mouth as to say "Shhhhh!" Very cute!

I was at the very front, slightly to the left of Tom P. During Bootleg Flyer, he was playing bass directly, and I do mean DIRECTLY, in front of me. :003::003::003:

It was very enjoyable to hang out with everyone in line! Even though he didn't get a ticket, Anna's brother Mark drove down just to visit with everyone for a while, which was a very nice surprise. And my thanks go to Relic, too, for the water. :)

And man do I want that "mudcrutch for president" shirt that Mike wore for the encore! :cool:

Me too! And I'm still ready to join the Tom L fan club.

Enjoyed your review Toni. Mike never forgets his Knobettes! That was so sweet. I bet you're really glad you decided to go. :003:

I'm so glad you saw Mark. I hope he's doing okay. Thanks for sharing your night. I'm really enjoying reading all the reviews coming in.

I share a lot of Danny's memories, especially about Benmont ripping off his jacket at the beginning of the show

Wow- what was that about ? Was he changing from mild-mannered fellow into SuperBen ?

Sounded like a lot of fun- I think we heard you whoopin' it up all the way over here in The Valley ! :b55::038:

I will be back when I get some rest. I did not get to hear all of Crystal River Monday night (be back with that)....but Tuesday night it just blew everyone away!!

I was so excited about these show....being at the Troubadour. They were beyond what I could ever expect!!!! I got pics of the band during encores and the Troubadour from outside....will post my review with them. I will say Benmont was so nice to all of us..I got a pic taken with him. And Jeff Lynne....did I mention he was there!!!! He was really kind to everyone to sign their things...and I hope the pic of him and me comes out!!!

I love my concert buddies in line!!! :heart:

The shirt was Cool Ryan, Mike just came out it was black with the

Mudcrutch Logo and Below it Said "For President" in the same Font.

Didn't see them selling them. If So, would have gathered it up!

I may put a bounty out on a pic of that... :071:

I may put a bounty out on a pic of that...

I'm with you! Hey... I think that Mike should allow that shirt to be sold with all proceeds from THAT shirt to go specifically to the Tazzy Fund. I would pay top dollar for it for sure! :cool: