Sign in to follow this  
wild1forever

Mudcrutch in Santa Cruz 4/14/08

Wonderful review, Toni! It sounds like they are having fun and I love that for them. :) I am glad you had a good time and got to see some Farmers.

I hope they are reading this and see that us die-hards want I Can't Fight It! :) Put it back in the setlist! lol

What a nice show we had in SC last night. It was refreshing to see Tom in such a relaxed atmosphere, as the night went on he would look down into the audience as he roamed the stage. Got a nice smile from him and Mike both. It was a lot of fun, Lisa, Toni, Stephanie, it was nice to hang out with you. I posted a few pics on the photo page.

As Toni said the band was very much different than the Heartbreakers, and Tom Leadon was awesome. When Leadon and Mike play together, it's FANTASTIC! I was standing behind Gloria and Shannon and in front of Mike. I was mesmerized by his guitar playing (I'm sure most of you have already watched him but this was my first).

I loved it when Benmont was done with his song he did a cute "phew" action of wiping his brow. He did a great job.

I was often watching Dana on the side of the stage. She was really into it too. And then Dylan was next during Rainy Day Women, and they were rockin' out together.

I'd have to agree with Toni on "Crystal River". Definitely a bathroom break. :045:

Overall it was an awesome show. It was great to finally meet some Farmers.

Just got home(and to a computer). Toni and the others did a great job with their reviews. If you like the 6 songs---you will absolutely LOVE the show! It was great to see Toni again and share it with other Farmers, too.

My highlights were "Wrong Thing to Do" (which was my favorite from the 6 songs anyway) but, right there up front, in person it was totally uncontrollably fantastic!!!!!!! Benmont's song and show of relief afterwards were priceless. "Topanga Cowgirl" and Mike's song(can't remember the title) were also incredible. I think Crystal River will be a fantastic album cut and I enjoyed last night because it was new.

I was also really impressed with Tom Leadon. It was fun to have him introduce TP and tell stories. And he's a really good guitar player.

Last night I was definitely in my "happy place":) And the glow remains..

Nice reviews Steph, Glo, and Lisa! I'm so glad you all had such a great time. I'm getting good vibes from you guys, so now I'm really excited. I'm going to burst if Saturday doesn't hurry up and get here. :003:

Welcome to the farm, topanga girl! Glad you enjoyed the show. :)