Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Mike Campbell and Lucinda Williams

I had heard a little rumor about the Lucinda Williams concert Saturday night at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles :cool:. Marion found this post at Lucinda's website forum, it's about the show Saturday night.

Incredible show last night; one of the best I've ever seen. Jim Lauderdale & Steve Earle on stage for most of "Car Wheels" set. Mike Campbell played guitar on "Greenville" & "Joy". Doug Pettibone & Mike turning "Joy" into a guitar orgy. Allison Moorer (Steve's wife) sang with Lucinda on "Still I Long". Crowd ecstatic all night long. Opened 2nd set with "Where Is My Love' & "Fruits Of My Labor". Can't recall all the songs but the 2nd set can't be described properly it was so good. Mike Campbell stayed out there for about the last six songs. Doug, Butch & David Sutton all had tremedous nights. Songs I can remember: Righteously, Come On, Honey Bee, Jailhouse Tears (Great duet with Steve Earle), Mama, Don't Let Your Babies, Unsuffer Me, Wrap My Head Around That, Change The Locks, maybe more. I'll be surprised if the roof is still on The El Rey when I get there tonight.

Lu said that Emmylou Harris will be at one of the shows. Could be tonight since she's doing the Sweet Old World album. Emmylou covered "Sweet Old World"; and I also expect her to do "Greenville" again since Emmylou sang on the record. Marvin Etzioni also played with the band alot in the 2nd set (Mandolin, tambourine, maraccas). He was with the band Lone Justice and a LA fixture.

They made a copy of the show available right after the show for the fans that were there, it looks like they will soon make it available for others also. Let's hope so!!

Check out her site - www.lucindawilliams.com

Wow! That is so exciting! That was one lucky crowd! I was listening to Lucinda's live show at The Mountain Winery on 6/8/07 just yesterday . Man, I sure wish I'd gone. It was really an incredible show. I can't even imagine what this one in L.A. must have been like. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they make it available. That would be so cool...Thanks for posting this Ref! :cool:

Thank you so much Linda and Marion for the information. It sounds like an incredible show. Oh...I hope they offer the CD online. I saw Lucinda open for Neil Young during the Greendale tour. I love her songs.

Okay, I thought I was losing my mind for minute. I know I was tired when I got off work this morning, but I knew I posted on this subject already. But it wasn't under this thread at that time. I found my post from this morning, lol.

This was it....

Wow! What a cool way to start the morning. Mike really looks like he's enjoying himself. Thank you, Ref! :003:

YAY! I'm not crazy! YET?:)