Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Benmont Appearing In Hollywood

I know alot of people think it's easier to get to these gigs simply because we live in CA, which geographically it is, but there are times when I might as well be living in Florida because of all sorts of circumstances. Work schedules, high airline fares, finances, short notice of these shows, family obligations, long ass drive (6 hours), just plain run down and tired, bad weather (yes we do have that in CA, lol) so sometimes even though we're a little closer it can still seem so far away. Yep, sometimes we're lucky but sometimes we're not so lucky too.

But it just so happens that this time we might be lucky, lol. At least I hope so. :003:

I feel so spoiled to be only an hour to an hour and a half drive away (depending on traffic). It still means going to work the next day with only a couple of hours of sleep. The only Thursday I will be in town this month is tonight. And I really need some rest.

But......

Again, I feel spoiled because I have the privledge of going or not going. I want to be able to share it with everyone.

For anyone who has the opportunity, do it! We have been quite a few times now and it is so much fun!

For those who are thinking of going...

The place is small so reservations are recommended. Go to www.largo-la.com. Reservations are for dinner. You must be there within 15 minutes of the doors opening or you lose your reservation.

If you don't have a reservation, still plan to be there when the doors open. You line up to the right side of the door if you don't have reservations, to the left if you do. We have been able to get a table without a reservation by being in the front of the no-reservation line.

If there are no tables, there is standing room in the back. Even then, the view is great.

Thanks for all the info, Athena. It's greatly appreciated. :)

I think some people forget that CA is a BIG state. I mean LA for me is a 3 to 4 hour drive depending on time and traffic. Hell, took me 6 hours once to get to Long Beach! It's not that simple to get to these gigs.

But...I am a little luckier than Sharon, by at least 400 miles, lol.

^hell....you're almost 500 miles closer than I am...lol And I live in CA.

I agree sharon.... It takes me 2 1/2 hours to get to an airport. Jeezz....I wish I could fly down south on one of our local pot raid helicopters....LOL It's the only airport service we have...lol

If you are able to go to this gig, and are 'on the edge' regarding going, I want to state that what you see and hear at Largo is likely to be some of the finest music available anywhere. The Watkins' Family Hour has always left us thrilled and amazed at the remarkable talents of these artists.

Good times, good cheer, and good music.

I promise that you wont be disappointed if you go.

Largo Rocks.

HAHA! Ref sometimes that is the longest 400 miles.

Athena, thank you so much for all the inside information. I'm coming down there on Thursday to leave for a cruise on Friday. I'm hoping we leave here early in the morning so I can have plenty of time to plan to go. I've been dying to go to one of these. Sounds like a blast. :)

Okay, I'm sorry I missed the second page on this thread.

Ames, I'm LMAOO @ pot raid helicopters. That is too freakin' funny.

And I should say thank you to Relic and Athena! You guys have convinced me that I really need to make the effort to go. I just need to get my sister's asses in gear so we can leave Sacramento early enough.

. I'm coming down there on Thursday to leave for a cruise on Friday. I'm hoping we leave here early in the morning so I can have plenty of time to plan to go. I've been dying to go to one of these. Sounds like a blast. :)

Does this mean we have to wait until she gets back to find out if she went and all the details?? :confused: Bummer.

Oh Athena, I'm sorry I don't think I made myself clear. I'm going down the weekend of the 28th. So I'm thinking of going the night of Sept. 27th. Believe me if I go, I'll find a computer somewhere, even on the ship, to post about the show, LOL!

:)