Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Question of the Day - 02/10/08

Each of us is changing everyday. Nobody is the same person they were 10 years ago by virture of their experiences. So I think if someone announces I'm going to make this monumental change in their life, they can do it. They may not jump from point A to point Z as they might like, but even a tiny shift to point C gets them closer to Z

It depends on the person's personality, their history, what the change is about and if a chemical dependency is involved. I've seen people turn their lives around. I've seen personalities that will never change; it's who they are.

I have to assume people can change - otherwise all this self-help and all is bunk (of course some of it is!) Would hate to have people give up trying to improve themselves as they are colored by more of life's experiences :)

Yes and change doesn't always mean for the better either.

That's so true, Connie. We usually think of change as improving

ourselves in some way, and you often hear how it's next to impossible.

Why then can some people start out a perfectly lovely person yet

end up a complete jackass?

The older you get, the harder it is to change. My landlord is a perfect example. He's the cheapest, most stubborn man I've ever met. I've told my sister that if I get like that when I'm old, just shoot me...

The age old question.....Saul certainly did......but in our society, its so very hard. Think of the people that have, and their past records that haunt them.

What constitutes change ? Age, behaviour, environment. Great question.