Sign in to follow this  
Danny Mac

2008 Summer Tour Announcement

PJ - during the HCC season, I was 18 and had the full trust and confidence of my parents to meet up with these infamous "farmers" by myself, but I still treated my mom to two shows because she's also a fan. Let me tell you - she fell IN LOVE with the amazing farmers she met. She couldn't believe I had cooler friends her age than she has herself. These people really are something else. They are the most generous, caring, and hilarious people you could hope to meet. :)

pj, you are obviously young and all us farmers want to meet you at a show. but i was just laughing to myself that if we all get together and us older people have to meet your dad 1st, that would be too funny.

^LOL Nurk -

I had to do that for a Chicago show, had to talk to someone's parents and let them see I was a "grownup" before they could catch a ride with me to the show! LOL!

^That is cool. I hope to do that. I've talked with several and I thought the same thing. I've only met Wingspan, and I love her, so I'm sure it will be the same.

Cool! My parents already said that it was okay, and my step dad will be the one taking me and he's awesome(even cooler then me :003:,but you guys know how uncool I am :003:). Hopefully I'll see some of you guys!

^That is cool. I hope to do that. I've talked with several and I thought the same thing. I've only met Wingspan, and I love her, so I'm sure it will be the same.

Yay! I'm loved. :003: Love you too Steph. :heart:

I'm going to the Palace in Auburn Hills, and it looks as though it's the only show I can afford.

I'm hoping for Toronto and Virginia, but I'm not counting on anything until I see how the ticket sales go. The shows aren't even up on ticketmaster yet for Gods sake. That doesn't bode hopeful does it?

DH, where are you sweetie??? :icon_neutral:

Hey MJ! :)

Well as usual I won't be going to the show here in NYC which is at Madison Square Garden. I'm use to this as it happens almost every tour. The last time I saw Tom and the band was in 2001. I saw them once before that as well. And each time I dragged a boyfriend kicking and screaming as I do not know a single person who has the least bit of interest in seeing them. As I'm not seeing anyone currently there is no one to manipulate/conjole/blackmail into going.

But it isn't only that. I was in good shape 7 years ago. 7 years later I have a pretty bad problem with my lower spine and I really don't know if I could physically handle being in a crowd of 20.000 people, all standing and cheering as I would be one of them. This might not be such a good idea.

So yes I do feel very bad about it. :085: On the other hand, as I said, I am very use to this after so many years. The good thing is being on here and living vicariously through others, something I could never do before I discovered this site :). I'm also sure that there will be many people recording and videotaping the shows so I'm sure I'll see lots of great stuff. Well I better lol! :003:

MJ I hope so much that you get to go with your brother in Philadelphia! And I would strongly advise that you bring smelling salts with you lest you faint and miss the whole damn thing! Hahaha!

Seriously, that and cold water. Or a shot of whiskey. (Just teasing ya! :cool:)

No matter who goes, I expect lots of oozing details... pictures would be nice too. And much and deserved GOOD LUCK with the tickets situation! I hope everyone on here gets to sit center front row! Well that might be difficult, Ok second or third row!! And give them all a kiss for me if you get backstage. :045: :heart::heart::heart:

Oh DH.......... :086: :010: ... I´m so sad and sorry that you can´t go... I can understand it though. I hope you feel much better very soon.

You should know that there´s nobody else on this planet I would more like to go to one of their concerts than with you. That´s why I feel really bad about it. You´re truly a sweetheart and a loyal and special fan. Very special. :heart: HDsomuchL :058: :)

Damn, is there really no way that you can go? We could have so much fun together... :003: I´m not sure, but maybe they have seats at some concerts... I have no idea, I´ve never been to such a big concert.

I didn´t expect that my brother would go with me to the concert, but he told me that he would like to as he loves Tom´s music as well. So he and his girlfriend will go with me and I´m not alone. :)

Oh yes, since I´m crazy about photographing, I can promise you that I´ll take a lot of pictures, maybe I can also make videos and you´ll be the first, who´ll get to see them. :)

Ohhh sweetie... I´m so excited..... how can I outlive all this without you? Who´s carrying me home after I fainted? :D

And I would strongly advise that you bring smelling salts with you lest you faint and miss the whole damn thing! Hahaha!

Seriously, that and cold water. Or a shot of whiskey. (Just teasing ya! :cool:)

Oh, don´t worry, I surely won´t go there without any drugs, haha!

@ Starfish, Cya at Philadelphia, lol!

I am kinda worried about this pre-sale, because of this section of the e-mail that was sent out from the HCC.

JOIN THE HIGHWAY COMPANION CLUB THROUGH TICKETMASTER.COM

Fans can join the Highway Companions club two ways: through HighwayCompanions.com and through TicketMaster.com (during the presale period). During the presale period, fans can visit the ticketing page for a specific date and search for seats. If the fan decides to purchase these seats, the Highway Companions fan club membership will be automatically added to their TicketMaster checkout cart. At checkout, the fan club membership and tickets are purchased together. After this presale has ended, new Highway Companion members will receive an email with instructions on how to complete their membership registration. Once registered, fans can log into the fan club site and take advantage of all the fan club benefits.

If I am reading this correctly, anyone can search for tickets on that day, accept them, and then join the fan club. I thought we joined ahead of time to get this privilege to get to try to find good seats and purchase them early.