Sign in to follow this  
Danny Mac

2008 Summer Tour Announcement

here's how it works: you are allowed 8 tix for the whole tour, so if you go by yourself, you can get to 8 shows. if you have a party of 4 people going, you can only go to 2 shows because that makes 8 tix. as far as the seating, i used the special packages on all the 2006 shows i went to, they were $200 each. tix are at will-call and always get there the last minute after everyone else is in the venue. i ended up in 2nd row for 1 show, 5th row for another, but every other show i was in front row between mike and tom. if you are going to travel to the gorge for the 1st time, make plans early, i think it was about a 5 hour drive from seattle and it's in the middle of nowhere. the closest place to stay besides the camp ground is moses lake, about a 30 minute drive east of the gorge. it's a small place with a few motels and 1 hotel that i stayed at. so book early. if you don't want to drive from seattle, you can get a flight on alaska air to moses lake, but you'll need a car to get to the venue. the gorge is a great place to see a show, but it's sooo far out of the way. i think i'd rather see them at key area in downtown seattle, where you can see the sites and pick from ton's of restaurants to eat at. and they have a rock museum too.

when you think of the 2006 tour prices, about $75, the special packages weren't that far out of line for $200. you got a great seat, special laminated tix and a $100 gift certificate to the tpath store. so take away the $100 certificate that you shop with and you are down to $100 for the ticket, only $25 more than going through all the headaches with ticketbastard, and you got a special ticket, good seat and peace of mind. i should retract that "peace of mind", i started to worry at most shows when my ticket wasn't there at will-call for most shows until the last minute. they did get there before the opening acts, but it's kind of scary standing alone in the dark (2 nights in a row at the greek) after all your friends are already in the show and wondering if i'd ever get in. overall, it worked and i'll probably do it again this year.

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: ...

Ok... Ok, keep it cool MJ... these are just the tour dates for a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers tour this summer... just the TOUR DATES... :104:

Hey, everything´s easy... they are just going to tour, who cares? :cool:

... :107: Ehhhmmm, ok, just to be really sure that I understood everything correctly:

TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS ARE TOURING THIS SUMMER??? THIS SUMMER??? THIS YEAR??? ON THIS PLANET??? ARE YOU SURE??? AND I AM ALIVE WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING???

OMG, ARE YOU REALLY SURE????? :103: :103::103: :119: :103::103: :103: All I need to see them is a $%& ticket??? :faint:

No, no no no no no, this can´t be. You´re kidding me. Or I must be dreaming. I don´t believe it. I DON`T BELIEVE IT!!! Hahahaha!!! I´m so OVERWHELMED AND EXCITED AND HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! :040: :spin2::026::spin2:

I`m not able to do anything else but smiling and jumping around. Well now I´m crying, lol, I don´t know. How on earth should I go to work tomorrow? No way, I need a day off, the doctor said I am too happy, there must be something wrong with me, lol!

Man, the Box Set, the Superbowl and now THIS!!!!! This band is killing me!!!!!

I know I live in the middle of nowhere, and I have to admit that I am a little disappointed that there´s still no European Tour and that I don´t have any idea how I will do this but hey, I will see them this year, no matter where and by hook or by crook!!! :045: :007: :081::041::081: :050: :023: I will be there.

OH BABY!!!!! :035::035::035:

Geez, I just rescheduled a meeting on the 30th. I feel my anxiety level rising just thinking about Ticketmaster. It's going to be a long week. I think I'll do Selma (San Antonio), Dallas and Houston. I would really like to go to the Gorge and Billy & I will be coming back from Alaska that weekend. I don't know if he will do four shows.

Ditto! Let's talk. We'll want to meet up before the shows, at the very least. Do you know that venue in Selma? I didn't even know they had anything out there.

I'll try to do at least one trip. Other shows that look good to me are:

Darien Lake (only because Beth will be there :P)

Denver (especially if it's at Red Rocks)

The Gorge (thanks for the info, Nurk)

Irvine/San Fran

If Summerfest shows up, I might consider it

I'm also considering Calgary, as I have a friend that just moved there

I supose I'm leaning to the CA shows at this point. But who really knows. I'm like everyone else, my head is spinning!

progress.gif

Hmmm. Well, February 4th I don't work. I have Monday's off so that might work, BUT..is that the day the tickets go on sale for everyone or is it the pre-sale? Cos if it's not pre-sale then it's not really worth me joining up. I can't access Ticketmaster anymore from work. It's been blocked to us.

Oh well, we'll see I suppose.

But Toronto again,...wow who knew? And Winnipeg? Even more of a shock.

So the next big question is.. when is the presale? it must be soon if all tickets go on sale Feb 4.

Jan 30.

My anxiety/stress/excitement level it going up, up, up!! So many decisions to make before Wednesday.

Do you recall what the price was for the last tour for the Dream Package? Damn, I've been waiting 30 years to finally see the guy in my hometown - I probably shouldn't care, but Bon Jovi's recent similar package was freakin' $600!

I think it was $200 per ticket. I KNOW it was well worth avoiding the hassles!:cool:

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!! Praise the Lord and pass the joints!

I'm gonna at least try to make the Dallas show at the AAC with my Heartbreaker buddy Sweet Jane. It would be fantastic to finally meet some of y'all there! And, of course, if I get the opportunity to meet my Ben...;)

ryan, i think i saw that the packages will go on sale thursday jan 31st. i'll have to check that again.

Jan 30.

My anxiety/stress/excitement level it going up, up, up!! So many decisions to make before Wednesday.

ah ok i see:

http://tompetty.com/tour/tourinfo.html

This Wednesday, January 30th, members of the Highway Companions club will get the first crack at premium tickets through member only presales.

I love the Hollywood Bowl, but my niece is due that day, and I hate the g-d Verizon Amp in Irvine. hmmm...maybe I'll have to go to San Francisco.

Gina, you're obviously not familiar with the birthing experience and due dates, LOL!!

from what i see, feb 4th is open season, get tix if you can. emmie, it sounds to me that your internet provider has blocked the site. get into email settings and tell them to allow this site and hcc to send you emails. hope that works for you.