Jackboy1970

Confusion wheel

@Tom what do you know about McCool over at Hoffman?  he is obviously connected and knows alot but I can't figure out if he is just a superfan or worked for TP etc. 

I'm pretty disappointed in the fanclub as well. Was hoping to see an uptick there but its still quieter than here. :( 

2 hours ago, TomFest said:

"Tom Petty camp" goes to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and I don't see that changing. 

The Steve Hoffman Forum also gets direct input from Ryan Ulyate (TP producer), but the TP Forum seems like just an afterthought.

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Was hoping to see an uptick there but its still quieter than here. :( 

I agree with others in the past who've noted the prevalence of fb and twitter. There's still good forums out there but I realize a lot of people don't have time nor interest to get into more in-depth (or at least longer) conversations. In the time from when the forum went paid members only to now, twitter grew in users and really dominated. I hope forums continue but I guess I'm not surprised in this case, why shift from FB Nation when it's already in place and the people who use it like using it. I don't think they're pining away for forums. 

cheers

3 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

@Tom what do you know about McCool over at Hoffman? 

The guy's a good writer, makes interesting points and also seems like an insider or someone skirting the line between in/out. I don't always agree with his takes but they are interesting to read. Were I to feel like draggin' my opinions around (stop draggin' my opinions around) I'd maybe register there or Reddit but I figure once this place eventually goes dark that'll be it for my public posting on TPATH.

cheers

Yes, Mr. McCool over at SHF seems like an insider - which is fine.  He gives information and also withholds information at times.  And Ryan Ulyate posts there also, which makes it really worthwhile to check in over there.  But as far as the official Tom Petty Forum, I don't suppose it will ever be anything more than it is right now.