Sign in to follow this  
MaryJanes2ndLastDance

Free Girl Now didn't make this list

Some random thoughts:

I think FGN was a big hit in terms of downloads but it didn't make this list. As for the songs on here, another reminder why I don't listen to the radio very often. There's probably some songs on this list that I'd recognize were I to hear them but that I've no knowledge of their title nor artist. I used to think it understandable why there was on big hit from Echo but I don't know, Swingin' isn't that different from I think some of these on here, maybe a bit too long for a Top 20 song but it's not that much a stretch from something like YDKHIF. Sure, Swingin' or even FGN are a big switch in sound and style (especially for Swingin) from FMF or ITGWO but not that far from the energy of WF.

All right, I recognize Kryptonite and What A Girl wants, okay tunes I guess. Anyway, I suppose perhaps with more promotion maybe something from Echo could've penetrated this list and the overall larger pop culture. I realize for many here that Swingin's unlikely return to the 2017 tour, here and there was quite welcome but I wonder how many casual fans knew the song. 

Looking at this list do you think FGN or Swingin' could've somehow been welcome, could've been big, could've been on such a list and become a mainstay on set lists (like ISHKI) instead of a deep cut that vanished for 17 years?

cheers

Billboard Hot 100’s Top 20 Songs Of 2000

1. Faith Hill, “Breathe”
2. Santana featuring Rob Thomas, “Smooth”
3. Santana featuring The Product G&B, “Maria Maria”
4. Joe, “I Wanna Know”
5. Vertical Horizon, “Everything You Want”
6. Destiny’s Child, “Say My Name”
7. Savage Garden, “I Knew I Loved You”
8. Lonestar, “Amazed”
9. Matchbox Twenty, “Bent”
10. Toni Braxton, “He Wasn’t Man Enough”