Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

them dirty knobs... :(

Amazon now lists the disc drop for November 20th so now its a race for All the Rest and the debut album for TDK. Who knows which will come out first.

I suppose this does not bode well for the tour but the dates are still listed on the band website. 

I agree this is a little ridiculous. Considering everything going on with the pandemic, why is Mike so hellbent on coordinating the album's release with a tour? Just put it out already! You can do a traditional album-tour release for number 2!

4 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

disc drop for November 20th so now its a race for All the Rest and the debut album for TDK. Who knows which will come out first.

I suppose this does not bode well for the tour but the dates are still listed on the band website

4 hours ago, High Grass Dog said:

I agree this is a little ridiculous. Considering everything going on with the pandemic, why is Mike so hellbent on coordinating the album's release with a tour? Just put it out

2 hours ago, TomFest said:

I could see Mike pushing the Knobs album out even further so that it doesn't conflict with the Wildflowers release.  Just out of respect.

I get the respect thing; though really my guess is people who are going to buy TDK's record will do so regardless of  All The Rest; they'd most likely just figure it's more new music to enjoy.

How much of an audience, let alone one for a tour is there? And again, most likely TDK fans are going to buy the record; I'm sure some may chance upon the band and enjoy them live and become new fans but I don't think there's this huge connection between the tour and the record; but I'm not band accountant.

I just think it's a shame it hasn't been released for those waiting and that had they had the album all this time, they could be even more enthused to see them live and maybe if the band knew the fans had been so invested in the new record, would be more willing to take chances in concert with the tunes. 

The only reason I've listened to them is for the chance to see Mike play in a different context. Bonus for the TPATH deep cuts. I think touring is great for them and I hope it goes well, I just am skeptical that they will make so many new fans from it or that a tour will elevate sales of the record as it may have years back. Forget all that speculation, I just think it's a shame if the album drop date was indeed pushed back since there are fans who have been waiting YEEEEAAAAARS for an official album and could really use something to cheer them up with the surreal, paranoid and strange times the country and the world are experiencing.

cheers

28 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I get the respect thing; though really my guess is people who are going to buy TDK's record will do so regardless of  All The Rest; they'd most likely just figure it's more new music to enjoy.

I'm just thinking about how many times I've heard Mike (and Tom) tell the story about Stevie Nicks releasing "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" as a single, and how it immediately killed the Heartbreakers single that was climbing the charts.  He's hyper-sensitive to that issue.  Maybe in this day and age the charts don't mean anything anymore, but seeing how proud Tom was to finally have a #1 record, my guess is Mike might still consider this an issue.

Personally I prefer the album out prior to the tour.  I'd rather listen, learn, study the music - makes the show more enjoyable... to me anyway.   I have tickets for the Nashville show - but not feeling too optimistic about it happening.

I think Mike is postponing the Dirty Knobs album out of respect for the Wildflowers all the rest release.  That said, all the rest will likely be released in September or October.  I don't believe in this Tour thing album.  There will be no more tours this year.

4 hours ago, TomFest said:

Maybe in this day and age the charts don't mean anything anymore, but seeing how proud Tom was to finally have a #1 record, my guess is Mike might still consider this an issue.

I can see that.

23 minutes ago, livin´thing68 said:

I don't believe in this Tour thing album.  There will be no more tours this year.

I agree. I am skeptical of tours in the United States in 2021 but I guess we'll wait and see. Some say that is the hardest part.

cheers

I'd consider this a rumor only but a poster on the Hoffman forum from France claims there will be another track on the DK album. My guess is it will be lockdown. But it kind of stinks that they would scrap all the pressed albums from the first go...  They claimed there would be an announcement August 20th with the release date and new track so I guess we will see in a few days if anything comes of it.

Today I see this on the Dirty Knobs website.  So apparently the show I have tickets for is now pushed out again to one of these dates next year.  But which one?  I haven't received any direct communication about it.  I doubt very much that the airline will refund - or even extend my voucher out that far. 

image.png.93b31d5070cc0c70b63e2c74e8717ae2.png

yup, its official.  I really hope he can tour by this time next year...  I suspect the Thursday TPR announcement is the album release date based on a post I saw on Hoffman and a new track debuting. :( 

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

yup, its official.  I really hope he can tour by this time next year...  I suspect the Thursday TPR announcement is the album release date based on a post I saw on Hoffman and a new track debuting. :( 

It's a shame considering how long people have been waiting and the time spent with FM, playing old songs that have been played a hundred times over on stage whereas TDK is new; moot now though;  I also think even 2021 is too optimistic for tours. 

2 hours ago, TomFest said:

I doubt very much that the airline will refund - or even extend my voucher out that far.

I hope you're able to get a refund.

Overall it's too bad they pushed the album back again since it won't sync up with the eventual tour anyway; and while Lockdown is a cute/funny song it's not worth delaying the release if that is indeed the case.

I guess I just feel for ya TDK fans who have been patiently waitin' on this record; hope it all works out for ya.

cheers

3 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Been waiting a long time for this record, I guess a couple extra months won't kill me. 

That really is a shame about TDK tour being pushed back, but on the plus side, I am hopeful that this means I can now make the Nashville date.

HUGE mistake by the DK's not releasing the LP in the spring. Interest is not only lost, but I for one don't care for it anymore, so where's my money? The tour didn't have to go along with the LP release. It was an all around bad decision by the band or their manager and has reduced the band from being a possible major band back to a local LA bar band. I love all the guys and the band, but this was a big time mistake.  If anyone knows the possible ONE time chance in a Billion to make the big time the world of R&R, it's Mike Campbell, so what happened here?

11 minutes ago, nurktwin said:

HUGE mistake by the DK's not releasing the LP in the spring. Interest is not only lost, but I for one don't care for it anymore, so where's my money?

I agree it was a mistake but there's no way they could've known what was about to happen. I thought it an error back then because tours don't always have to coincide with albums and in this case, I think the same people that would purchase the record would go see them regardless of tour. Do you really not care though? Seems a bit extreme, especially with how fast time seems to fly by.

13 minutes ago, nurktwin said:

has reduced the band from being a possible major band back to a local LA bar band............ If anyone knows the possible ONE time chance in a Billion to make the big time the world of R&R, it's Mike Campbell, so what happened here?

I wouldn't say it's impossible 'cause who knows, but I extremely doubt TDK would ever be more than a local LA bar band, even with a tour. The music they are playing is considered dated and there's nothing that stands out as a hit single that I've heard anyway, at least based on their live stuff. Is that bad? I guess it depends on what their goal is; I've no clue but they never seemed like more than an LA bar band, which is fine. Bar bands are great fun to listen to. If it weren't for the Mike connection would I even know about the band? Nope. And if I did, there would be a song or two that would really stick out for me but the rest of it, while enjoyable isn't on a TPATH level, nor Mudcrutch, heck, I've heard local bands that never took off with better songs. 

So I don't think the album being pushed back effected them and a potential national audience, only that it frustrated fans though maybe the new song (if true) will at least soften the blow when the record finally comes out. 

cheers

I forgot I even ordered this...

Thank you for pre-ordering our new album, Wreckless Abandon. The album will now be released on November 20th. As a result, your copy will ship on or around that date. You will receive a confirmation email with tracking once your order ships. We appreciate your understanding and hope you agree it was worth the wait!

Sincerely,
The Dirty Knobs

14 hours ago, Mudcrutch said:

I forgot I even ordered this...

I ordered a signed vinyl and cd from Newbury Comics only to have them cancel my order when the release date was pushed back.  The email from them said something along the lines of "if we receive signed copies, customers who purchased them initially will get first crack at them."  What?  Is the band going to give your allotment to another dealer?

That nonsense aside, after watching that fun animated trailer, I am once again looking forward to the release.  It should be a great rocker.