Sign in to follow this  
Lindorie

Article in Polish newspaper

Maybe it's interesting ;) It showed on Monday, with this picture:

z4432080xpx6.jpg

I was wondering about the state of the world’s democracies. We’re all glad that countries like Cuba, Belarus or Korea are minority. Through all civilised world, including contemporary Poland, rules democracy. People have a right to say anything they want, believe in whatever they like, marry or divorce anyone, and not to be ashamed of their roots nor their grandfathers.

But now, seriously. Did you know that Tom Petty’s song, recorded not so long ago in the year of 2002, was put on the list of the banned tracks by various American broadcasters? Nobody has forbid it in Poland – it seems we have a better democracy than USA. Or maybe it was because of the lyrics in English and a mumbling vocal. Or maybe because Petty sings about radio, and not e.g. about television, or “the boys up there”. Or maybe because everyone in Poland is god at recording. We don’t know. Anyway, it’s better in here.

(...)

All in all, Petty sings about freedom: a strange state, which some people deserve so much. Pink Floyd also sing about it in the song “A Great Day For Freedom”. Some say it’s about a parting with Waters, but we associate a wall and freedom rather in one way. It doesn’t seem a long ago.

Author:Wojciech Mann

Thanks to Dawid for the translation. Jestes kochany i wielki ;)

Thanks for the article, Lindorie! Nice picture.

That photo was from that awards show where Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers received the Radio Ledgends award presented by Stevie Nicks. What I remember about that show was Tom's strange behaviour that night when Stevie was trying to present the award. He was staring off into space, fiddling with his guitar, I think he even turned his back on her at one point. It was a strange moment. I was thinking, what is he doing?!! Stand still Tom! Pay attention! LOL!

Thanks for the article, Lindorie! Nice picture.

That photo was from that awards show where Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers received the Radio Ledgends award presented by Stevie Nicks. What I remember about that show was Tom's strange behaviour that night when Stevie was trying to present the award. He was staring off into space, fiddling with his guitar, I think he even turned his back on her at one point. It was a strange moment. I was thinking, what is he doing?!! Stand still Tom! Pay attention! LOL!

Haha, yes, I thought I was the only one thinking that.

It seemed like he was pretty busy and stressed out, lol. Great performance though.

Stevie seemed to be a little nervous, but that was cute. :003:

You can watch the whole thing here:

http://www.elvinsystems.com/pictures/y2002/dream_cryin.htm

Haha, it´s funny, just watched it again...

Is he saying, after her speech, "Can WE talk now?"

Haha, how nice Tom! :D

And oh, forgot to thank Lindorie, so thank you for posting! :)