Sign in to follow this  
Jay

I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE

Wow, very cool.  According to Wikipedia. this was on an episode of the tv show "Dolly" and aired November 1, 1987.  Presumably filmed somewhat before that, almost certainly in late October.  The band had finished the Israel/Europe/UK 1987 "Temple in Flames" tour (w/Bob Dylan and Roger McGuinn) on October 17 that year, so this was probably just after that. 

Very interesting to see a bearded Stan, and Tom and Howie sharing a microphone.  I've always liked the song Think About Me, and I feel that entire album (Let Me Up) is highly underrated - I ranked the album 5th (out of 16) in our poll, but the consensus only has it at 14th. 

The performance here is great to see despite a lack of picture sharpness (understandable for the time); the sound quality here is slightly lacking, and the band may be a bit tired (after a rigorous tour in September/October - they did 30 shows in 43 days, with a lot of travelling involved) or bored with performing only one song for an audience that didn't specifically come to see them.  They've done more energetic performances of this song, but as always they give at least a very good performance of it, if not a great one.     

Oh MERCY, that is just delightful!!  Mike's ole elbow, that Lucite gee-tar is crazy... I always loved the line "I can't do no disco dance...." :D  Such fun to see Tom and Howie harmonizing.  Thanks a bunch for this, its my grin for the day!