Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Dirty Knobs live at the Viper Room - 02-29-08!

What can I say? The band was just on fire!

Here is the setlist.

Never Gonna Own me

Minimum Wage

Shake These Blues

Humdinger

Wind Cries Mary

Good Thing Going

I Sang My Balls Off For You/Deal

Above Water

Working Class Hero

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Rings Around Uranus

So Tired

She Said

Mama Told Me

Loaded Gun

Sweet Little Sixteen

Anyway You Want It

Bride of Frankenstein

Guitar Boogie Shuffle

They played some incredible jams on all of the songs really. I especially dug "Above Water," "Guitar Boogie Shuffle " & "Shake These Blues. " "Bride of Frankenstein" and "Humdinger" had extra kick too.

It was a great feeling when everyone in the place was singing, "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away." Love that song, "Mama Told Me." It's funky with a little touch of Hendrix!

It was so nice when Gator dedicated a song for Mike Smith of the Dave Clark Five and they kicked butt on "Any Way You Want It! "

They seemed to put extra spice in everything. Loved it when Swamp Fox sings on "So Tired." He's got a great voice! He should get more mic time!

The crowd was drunk and rowdy. It was hot in there and the drunks were getting on my last nerve! Most of the drunks I ran into were woman moving in and out of the crowd and rubbing all over us as they went by. They think they are cute but ladies, we are all there for the music and you are bothering people! Get lost!

On the first song, someone threw a roll of toilet paper up on stage and it whizzed right past Ape's head! No one picked it up and it laid there all night. Ape just laughed it off. Here it is laying on the floor.

DSC01882.JPG

I love Ape's smile. He's having a great time! He smiled a lot!

DSC01889.JPG

You think he loves playing with Mike?

DSC019021.JPG

I take so many pictures because I'm trying to get that ultimate shot of Ape. He makes the best faces when he plays. One of these days I'll catch THE ONE!

DSC01892.JPG

Lance had some incredible bass lines last night. Everything just sounded so good! He told us that he was going to be working with Courtney Love. Sounds like a scary job to me! haha! Good luck with that Lance!

DSC01890.JPG

They just jammed and jammed all night long.

DSC01905.JPG

Swampfox got a great solo during Rings Around Uranus! I wish we could see him better. He sounds so good and he is a super nice guy. Thanks for always being so happy to see us! You're awesome!

DSC01909.JPG

Gator said this was the last show till after summer. :085: I will miss them but I know Gator has a full plate this summer and I look forward to that too!

Dirty Knobs, thanks for being so kind to us and chatting with us for a bit after the show. It was worth putting up with the freaks and drunks!

Knobettes, you are the best! We did have some adventures and laughs this weekend! Mr. Ref looked out for us and kept us in stitches.

Oh, I've got to give Kudos to the Leroy Powell and Paul Chesne Bands. They were really good! The Viper Room knows how to pick some great bands!

Here are some more photos from Marcia. Thanks for sharing!

382220936208_0_BG.jpg

OMG! They had London on the setlist! I LOVE THAT SONG! That would have been a treat!! And Stereo, another favorite! I guess they ran out of time.

715370936208_0_BG.jpg

591160936208_0_BG.jpg

465370936208_0_BG.jpg

192220936208_0_BG.jpg

Great shot of Crawdaddy! He was hot, hot, HOT!

741160936208_0_BG.jpg

All the girls swoon when Gator plays the harmonica. Why is that ladies? It's just plain sexy, isn't it?

888150936208_0_BG.jpg

I'm just now playing catch up, damn job, gets in my way, lol.

Kianna! Outstanding pictures!

Teresa yours came out great, too!

Marion, I love those pictures and I love your review.

Just seeing those pictures makes these last few days of hell disappear. Thank you SO much ladies! God, that night was awesome!

Did anyone get a picture of that cute Leroy Powell?

LOL @ Marion! Yeah, bet you are glad I lost that dollar, hahahaha! Think the Knobs are too, hahahaha! ;)

:) :heart:

Hot, hot, hot!!! Wow, I love all these pictures, thank you so much, everyone, for them!! I would have loved to have heard Above Water....did they sing Somewhere In London??? I see that at the end of that set list...

Great reviews...thank you all so much for sharing...the Knobs rock!!!! :041:

Lovely pictures everyone. Great setlist. Hearing about the drunks, I'm not too sad I missed it - Marion knows how much I love sharing an evening of rock & roll with drunk chicks.

Lovely pictures everyone. Great setlist. Hearing about the drunks, I'm not too sad I missed it - Marion knows how much I love sharing an evening of rock & roll with drunk chicks.

Oh Ellyn, you would have really loved these drunk chicks, LOL!

That Leroy Powell was Sooo cute! Barb would have really liked him...:P