Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Dirty Knobs live at the Viper Room - 02-29-08!

Some of the songs I remembered -

Above Water

I Sang My Balls Off For You/Deal

Bride of Frankenstein

She Said

Humdinger

Sweet Little Sixteen/Little Latin Lupe

Wind Cries Mary

Minimum Wage

Surf Medley

Loaded Gun

Guitar Boogie Shuffle

Any Way You Want It

Never Gonna Own Me

I know there are some more, but I'm tired.

I love it when they play Hendrix... "Wind Cries Mary" a beautifully written song... It must have been great.

It was one of those magical moments - I recall asking myself "Is this really happening?".

Such love and passion in the way they celebrate that song.

It felt like a lover's kiss. And for a while, time stood still.

Just got home and I'm wiped. I will have a review and some pics tomorrow. I had a fantastic time at the show. The Knobs were on fire! We do have some stories to tell about the patrons as well.

Here is one of my pictures for you....I love these guys. :heart:

DSC01902.JPG

^ I hear ya Steve! :045:

Marion, I love that picture! :055:

That was one amazing show! I must say the staff was Sooo nice. The guy working the bar wouldn't even take money for me and Ref's coke. What a sweetheart.

The opening acts were pretty cool. I especially enjoyed Leroy Powell and his band. That was some good country music. Along with other things. ;) I think they got the crowd pretty excited.

The place was packed and the band was on fire. The guys were all looking and sounding great. It was one of those shows you were really glad you didn't decide to stay home. I just have to say this though. I can not take that Viper room again. The people are took drunk, it's too damn small and too hot. Although, in the end it was worth it. But I have to ask, what was with all the drunk chicks pushing their way in front of people? I figured I had one run in with LAPD last weekend down there and I didn't need another one so I had to take frequent outside breaks to cool down.

Anyway, "Never Gonna Own Me" always gets me going. I love them opening with that one. And, always, always love "Loaded Gun", "She Said" and one of my all time favorites, "Bride of Frankenstein". But this morning I woke up with "Mama Told Me" in my head. I love that song. And who can argue with the power of that "Guitar Boogie Shuffle", a forever crowd pleaser. Gator, Ape, Swampfox and Crawdaddy, you guys are the best and I'm going to miss seeing all of you this summer.

It was a fantastic weekend. Best of all I got to see all my friends and I didn't lose my bra or get detained by LAPD for snagging lemons off a tree. So I guess it was all good.

Gator, Ape, Crawdaddy, Swampfox, you guys are the best! Thank you all for the fantastic music. :heart:

^hey Sharon, I woke up today with "Fat Guy in a Little Coat" playing in my head, LOL

I just got in myself...the show was absolutely killer. I need to chill for a bit before I write some more, but the set was fantastic.

Thanks to Marion, Teresa and of course Sharon for hangin' on Sat night...wasn't happy hour fun? ;)

^ LMAOOOOOO!!!!

We had a blast! I'm sorry I missed you this morning. I can't believe I slept through you getting ready. I must have been exhausted. Glad you're home safe and sound.

Now I'll be hearing "Fat Guy in Little Coat" in my head all night, LOL!

What a fabulous night of music! It was so nice to see everyone again. Whole different ballgame without Casper. lol The door guy was so nice! I agree that it is too small, hot, crowded, etc. You get spoiled when you see them play where you can actually sit down. The drunk girls were not from here...that I know of. lolol Let's just say I got my arm 'caressed' by a nearly falling down drunk idiot of a woman. YUCK! She moved on down the line when I didn't 'caress' back. haha

All of the songs were perfect! Above Water was beautiful! Thank you Mike, Jason, Matt and Lance for a great night and for always being so gracious. I'll miss you while you are on your summer break!

With love from Kansas,

Teresa

What a wonderful night. Great to see Ref and Echosoft again. And Michelle, Paul, Bob, and Kevin. Always honored to be hanging out with Relic and Athena. We seem to have gotten a good spot near the stairs...Susie is always the best travel partner.

Hard to hear Dead songs last week, but the band held it together. And I will never forget Crawdaddy coming down after the show and giving me the most loving and compassionate hug. It will never be forgotten.