Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Dirty Knobs live at the Viper Room - 02-29-08!

My head hurts........ :)

They played all kinds of good stuff!

I have fuzzy memories of six shots of Patron and (in no particular order):

Above Water (Absent from the list for a while but it triumphantly returned last night)

Balls Off (They sang theirs off, I drank mine off)

Frankenstein (Are my bolts showing?)

She Said ("I'm driving")

Humdinger (Yes Please!)

Sweet Little Sixteen (Come back in two years)

Wind Cries Mary (Wow)

Minimum Wage (Takes 20 hours to pay off my $157.00 bar tab including tip)

Surf Medley (Wouldn't be a Knobs show without surf guitar)

Athena drove us home.

Athena adds: "We got some great views of Dave's ass at various times during the night" LOL

Dave, you have a stalker!

(I'm going to have to keep my eye on Athena!)

It was a truly wonderful evening of hot music and warm friends. Thanks Knobs!

I can hardly wait for the next show so I can once again tell my boss - "Im outta here, goin' to Hollywood to get Knobbed!"

Hey now, I saw plenty of other "Dave Ass Watchers" out there last night. Fess up girls!

As always, it was the BEST SHOW EVER! The place was absolutely packed. There was no elbow room. Saw some familiar musician faces from the Imperial Ballroom.

Thats right, I saw Peter Stroud there. Athena thinks she may have seen a member of Black Unicorn (Brian Ray's band) as well as some other musicians lurking in the shadows.

I have not had that much fun in a long time.

Tequila anyone?

I just got home and had to come straight to work. I will write about my night later on. Marion, Sharon, Teresa and Tara are still in LA having fun.

I hope everyone got home safe and sound.

Sorry for yelling...but....OMG! WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT!!!!!

Thank you Knobs and family! You made my night SOOOOOOO special. :heart:

I forgot to add 'Shake These Blues' to the set list, but they played that one early on in the set.

I like that song. I like it a lot!

Before the gig, while still at work, I was talking to a co-worker and told 'em about this cool song written by JJ Cale about kicking the blues. A lot of us have been feeling the blues at work over this nutty project, and I told my co-worker that I hoped they would play this song because it pretty well summed up my desire to get out of the 'funk' I've been in over it.

Last night Doctors Cale, Campbell, Sinay, Morrison and Laug banished my funk. The only side effect was a little hangover. (Wish my HMO would cover this kind of treatment!)

I got to thinking about work again this afternoon and that triggered my memory of the song last night!

The Doctors were definitely 'In' last night at the Viper Room.

I agree to what has been saud. What a fantastic night. I love the music so much. The band rocked the place but did anyone expect anything else?? Tara and Lissie.... are you Athena and Relic? I BET you two had a blast.... :):):)

It was so much fun to meet more Farmers indeed.

They said No Pictures... well.. I haven't seen more flashed in my entire life. I was blinded myself over and over... but my few drops of civil disobedience in my blood cloned and I too got my camera up... but bad BAD pics this time. I really don't know what was wrong but the light was not very good either and I suppose I was a bit too far back... so sorry guys, no closeups today from this end. I am sure there will be a lot of others though.

Thanks to the band and to my friends here. I love you guys. It is such a homecoming feeling to see your faces. Lookig forward to June and maybe even July, Marion ??? :)

Hey, Linda and Lotta...thank you so much for coming back to share!!! I knew this night would be so special...the Knobs and their music always make it that way!! Hope the girls are having a great time in LA!! Looking forward to more reviews! I love those Dirty Knobs!! :heart:

Thanks for the early reviews everyone! Sounds like an incredible set... I can't wait to hear the details... I'm glad is was such a special time for the Knobettes and Knobbers... I love the Knobs....

i've been waiting, and i'll continue to wait. i'm wondering if mike played beck's bolero like we talked at the last show. i doubt it, but maybe someday. i think mike should do a soft easy song and sing "something". mike loves the beatles.

Sounds like a great show! I bet you all had a blast! Glad you had fun, guy and gals. I hope that when I get back to cali at the end of the year, I can have some fun with all of you at a show! Wish I could have been there last night, I miss the Viper Room. I've seen my friend's band there a few times. I like that club.

Crap...I was at the wrong side of the stage Athena..I didn't get the view of Dave's ass that you did..pfffttt...I was all happy unti I read your post about that. Now I know I missed something.

What a great night ('cept for missing Daves fine behind...)

I will move heaven and earth to see and hear these 4 musicians. They are...c'mon what words are there? I am just grateful that they are playing and we get to go seee them. Son't they make it look fun???

Just got home to the mountains after a long day of travel..still high from my Knobbin'!! Thanks and ever thanks.

Also...I t was so great to see Patty last night..I wish I could hug you again.

Suz

Woo-hoo! Sounds like a blast everyone! I love the Knobs. I could just

listen to them forever and never get tired of it. Thanks for sharing you

guys, and feel free to post pix (if you had the nerve to take them.)

I'm sorry Casper wasn't there. I thought he was a trip!!