Mudcrutch

Mudcrutch Farm Will Be Shutting Down

I'm sorry to see you go but am very glad I found you several years ago!

I came here to learn about Mudcrutch, after seeing one of their two shows at the Fillmore in S.F. in 2008.

I wised up by their 2016 tour and went to all three Bay area shows and immensely enjoyed every second!

Sadly, I cannot take your recommendation to frequent the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers site run by his hateful daughters.

They've made it abundantly clear that Americans that support our president are NOT welcome there.

Screw 'em.

I'll now spend my time at The Petty Archives, where it's accepted that Americans are allowed to have differing opinions.

Much love and future success to you and thank you again!

Barry

34 minutes ago, barry said:

Sadly, I cannot take your recommendation to frequent the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers site run by his hateful daughters.
They've made it abundantly clear that Americans that support our president are NOT welcome there.
Screw 'em.
I'll now spend my time at The Petty Archives, where it's accepted that Americans are allowed to have differing opinions.

To clarify:
The Petty Archives is in solidarity with the Tom Petty Estate.
(Including the Heartbreakers, Tom's daughters (Adria and AnnaKim) , their mother Jane, Dana, and her son Dylan).
We are supplemental to the estate (although not associated with them) and would not want to go against their decisions.
While we (The Petty Archives) would never discriminate one way or the other, we do not want to be associated with going against the Tom Petty Estate and their decisions regarding where Tom's music is played. Thank you for understanding. I apologize if we were not clear about this.

And I apologize to Ryan for bringing this up in this thread, but I wanted to make a public reply to this. Thank you all. ❤️

5 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Take care of yourself Liberty! This was the best TPATH/mudcrutch/dirty knobs site on the internet.

cheers

Thanks! You, too! You know where to find me if you ever want to chat. :D

Thank You  Mudcrutch Farmers

Signing off here with a last post on Mudcrutch Farm wishing everyone health and happiness for the future. 

Desiderata
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.[

Max Ehrmann, 1948

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers for the music and the live concerts,

in particular that best of the best night at The Marquee in Cork Ireland 2012,

a very special memory I will always Treasure.

Thanks to @Marion and @Mudcrutch and all of the other people who have made this place possible. I first joined here -- or at least this site in an earlier form -- when I was a young teenager and now I'm 30! Crazy how time flies. This place is definitely an institution for any TPHB fan, and I appreciate and enjoyed all the conversations I've had with many fans here over the years.

Suggestion:
I find reddit to be confusing and difficult to load. I understand the advantage of it, though, because it ostensibly organizes things by thread.

But what about Facebook? I know there's a Mudcrutch Farm group on facebook, and that would be a far preferable outlet in comparison to the Tom Petty Nation FB page, which seems overloaded (in my opinion) with boomers just freely writing their thoughts with random word association.
Could we maybe continue to participate in discussions via Facebook somehow? Either via Mudcrutch Farm's Facebook site, or create a new one, with forum capabilities? Or if forum capabilities actually don't exist, we can tag posts, etc.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, martin03345 said:

I guess I'm old school even though only being 30, but Reddit is a wasteland. I like traditional forums like this though I get why they're a dying breed unfortunately :(

I know how you feel. I am not a social media person, and I try to avoid Facebook, Twitter, etc. But I do like good old fashioned forums like this. I might check out the Reddit, but it doesn't seem like my kind of thing. Although not dedicated specifically to TPATH, the Steve Hoffman boards are best current alternative.

Yes, I'm sad to learn The Farm will be no more. I haven't been participating at all for quite awhile, so I can't really complain, not that I was going to. I understand completely, Ryan. 

Thank you, Ryan, for all you've done here! And also, thank you Marion, for everything you've contributed here.

Thank you, members, for including me in this wonderful forum over the years.

Love,

Susan

I have to agree with you. I signed up for reddit, but I don't think there are real fans like that. I have the feeling that people at reddit look here and there in various forums and make their comments. I don't think they're real fans. In the Steve Hoffman forum it looks very different, there is something here, namely diehard fans.
Incidentally, I'm not a social media person either. I am also happy without social media.
What I should have needed to be happy was this forum.

58 minutes ago, livin´thing68 said:

In the Steve Hoffman forum it looks very different, there is something here, namely diehard fans.
I

Steve Hoffman forum has amazingly well-informed fans when it comes to TPATH.  If I were to join another forum to talk about Tom & the band, that would be it.  Reddit has a poor layout and a lack of well-informed contributors, IMO.  

And of course I again echo the sentiment in appreciation of Ryan, thanks  so much for this forum.  

Thank you for all of the enjoyment that I have gotten from the website. Not having it will hurt because it has been a little piece of Tom that we could cling to after his tragic death. I never saw Tom or met him but being a southerner like Tom and being born in the same year as Tom and loving the same  music as Tom makes him almost seem like the friend that I never met. Thanks for the memories. 

23 hours ago, TomFest said:

Ryan - are you going to hand off the domain name to the band?   Just curious if the name will resolve to some other place in the future.

Probably keep it and was thinking of having an old-school guestbook people could sign!

WHAT????????????????/ This is quite a shock! But everything passes, the wheel, what goes around comes around. Buried Treasure remains the "soundtrack of my life". All glories to you, Marion and everyone associated with this site. We love you.  Tom, Roy, Jimi, Janis, Jim, Jerry, the endless list. Sweet Dreams,

Joining this forum was one of the best, nicest, funniest and most interesting things I've done in my life. I will miss you all. I'm now in the Steve Hoffman forum, which is far from as good as this one,
I only wish you the best. Goodbye.   💔
   🎸 ✌️ Peace and Love

44 minutes ago, livin´thing68 said:

Joining this forum was one of the best, nicest, funniest and most interesting things I've done in my life. I will miss you all. I'm now in the Steve Hoffman forum, which is far from as good as this one,
I only wish you the best. Goodbye.   💔
   🎸 ✌️ Peace and Love

cheers! take care

Sad news.

It was the best place to read things about Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers.

Thanks to the staff, to all the posters, specially to Marion and Shelter, and thanks to everyone.

Maybe someday our roads will cross.