Mudcrutch

Mudcrutch Farm / mudcrutch.com Will Be Shutting Down July 31, 2020

On 6/23/2020 at 10:49 AM, High Grass Dog said:

Hey Ryan, you and I go back, and I mean way back. Remember the time you slept on the couch at my dorm the night before we saw TPATH at the Vic? That's almost 20 years ago! What a week that was. I've been around these message boards that long too, and it has always been a great place, and one where I have spent a lot of time over the years. I can honestly say I will truly miss Mudcrutch Farm. Sure, things have slowed down recently — less news, less posts, less activity — and I haven't been very active in posting myself (though I still do come to browse, that's a habit I can't break!), but it will be sad to think this collection of posts, photos, enthusiasm, memories and people won't be around anymore.

In any case, thank you for all the work you've put in over the years. It is truly appreciated. And to all the posters still here, thanks for fun and interesting conversations and friendships over the years.

It is ironic though — and you have to chuckle a little — that this announcement comes literally days before a possible "Wildflowers All the Rest" official announcement later this week, as TPR has teased! 😄😆

Mike, yes great memories! Really glad you are still around. The timing... yea I thought about that but it's time to move on, it's time to get going...

10 hours ago, livin´thing68 said:

I'm pretty shocked, even though I haven't written most of it myself, but I enjoyed reading your reports almost every day. Especially those from MaryJanes2ndLastDance, Shelter, Hoodoo Man, Mudcrutch, Nurktwin, dollardime, Marion, TomFest, High Grass Dog...
In which forum do we see each other again? Steve Hoffman? reddit?
Can nobody create a second Mudcrutch Farm Forum?  😥

Yes, please join us at https://www.reddit.com/r/tompetty/

Edit: sorry I am not implying all those people will be there. It's an open discussion area for tpath so we will see what happens.

Edited by Mudcrutch

9 minutes ago, Mudcrutch said:

Don't get me started, haha. Reddit has its' issues but it is way better than Facebook groups. Yikes.

I guess I'm old school even though only being 30, but Reddit is a wasteland. I like traditional forums like this though I get why they're a dying breed unfortunately :(

I read this announcement the other day and had delayed sharing my thoughts on the closure of this wonderful place because I was not sure how to put them into words.  I'm still not sure, but I will post them when I am ready.  For now, all I can say is that I am very sad to see this forum close down.  Thank you to Ryan and everyone involved with making this forum such a great place to visit.  I will miss it all dearly.

Awww, so sad to see Mudcrutch Farm disappear. And at the same time, I completely understand. 20 years is a LONG time to do anything... I love this site... it's so friendly and so many folks know so much... loved meeting people in Cali at the DK show years ago now. Heck, I didn't even know about the DK's until I joined this forum.

It feels like this is happening with a number of things/ways of life. 2020 is turning into "time to move on." I'll certainly miss The Farm. 🤗

So this is really happening, isn't it? Never in my life would I have deemed this possible.

But I understand. Thank you so much, Ryan, for giving us a place to exchange our thoughts, however crazy they might seem to outsiders. Only Farmers understood. Shelter, Mary Jane's 2nd Last Dance, Big Blue Sky, Nurktwin, Nightdriver, Marion, everybody...

Admittedly, I haven't been around much since Tom passed away. That still feels totally awkward. But the Farm has always been a constant. It will be hard when it's gone. I guess we'll all feel a little bit more lonely then. I will.

So many things I love are going away. Now Mudcrutch.com is one of them.

Awwww, that's sad but I guess it's time.  I've enjoyed being a part of Mudcrutch Farm and sooo enjoyed the discussions & generosity. Thanks to everyone who has been so nice to me here! As a farewell gift, let me share with you the only portrait I've created from the Mudcrutch night at the Ryman Auditorium: the remarkable Tom Leadon.  (This is just for y'all, please don't publish elsewhere)

My 2nd row seat that night gave me a perfect view of Tom (and Tom P), and lots of good photos came from the evening.  My life got derailed for awhile just months after this show with the unexpected death of my father and the heartbreaking decline & death of my mother only a year later, so it's taken a long time to get back in the art studio with a clear head.  But I'm back drawing, and have just completed a portrait of Josh Jove who was in the opening act The Shelters.

SusanGardner_3_TomLeadonMudcrutch_pastel.JPG

I have been absent here for a while  for various reasons including the obvious. But I have very cherished memories associated with this site and the people that I met through TPHB/Knobs and kept in touch with here over the years, and especially the old Hive and all the Honeybees! It was an honor being part of the group. I wish we could turn back time. It seems the good times are all over. Having said that, I TOTALLY understand the decision to shut it down. Thanks for the memories everyone!!!

Like others, I haven't been around much, so I guess it's time...

That said, I have SO many wonderful memories of this site and the people I met because of it. Ryan, you are amazing, thanks much for giving us this space! I think I joined in 2003, shortly before the Vic shows. It was my go-to site for many years.

Love, Toni

Wow.

Sad to read this. And on my birthday you're shutting down !!! Ill be 65. I guess life does change. I've been coming since 2007/2008 or so diff name then. Then i lost my password to the email i had but finally made it back with a new name lol.  I loved this place.  Always interesting discussions and seeing the same names was reassuring. I always enjoyed the vids and guitar pics that nurk posted.  

End of an era. 20 years is a long time.

Good luck to everyone here & thank you for the time invested in this wonderful site.

If anyone cares to I can be reached at reverbnation.com Timothy & FLYTE'66

Or contact me on my Instagram account

Timothyflytemusic.   

There's some good posts from Benmont & Mike ( and a " fake " Mike even messaged me wanting to talk ) so beware of the imposters.

Love to all !!! 

Edited by Timflyte
New information

Wasn't quite sure how exactly to respond either.

THANK YOU seems to be the general consensus. And I will certainly miss it as well! All Things Must Pass.

I'm grateful for you–friends, strangers, long-time lurkers, fans alike. Thanks for contributing, adding and injecting your insight, options, theories, and personality into the wide-range of topics. It was fun to read an hear so many perspectives, and share in the fandom. It was fun traveling inside the TP universe with you.

Part me wants to start posting as many new Topics as I can this final month!! The clock is counting down...

I wish you all the best, and All the Rest....

Sad news. I wasn't very active in recent years but this site was essential for me, while I was discovering Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. I was so excited when I finally reached the roadie status... :D Thank you for keeping it alive for so long. ❤️

On 6/21/2020 at 4:03 PM, dollardime said:

Sorry to see the site go I must say, it has always been my first 'go to' place for all things Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Mudcrutch, Dirty Knobs. I'm not really a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram person, this place and other types of forums like this have always felt like more of an independent local type flavour which is what I like. It's the way of the world now that independent providers are getting squeezed out, and most of the time that's just based on demand. I don't know what the viewing/content stats are like but I'm guessing that they are down substantially over the last while. 

It's the creeping curse of the walled gardens, unfortunately. 

Sad to see this place go, even though I haven't been around much. 

Thank you for an amazing run, the wonderful people, camaraderie, and support.
I definitely haven't been checking in as much as I wanted to. I appreciate everyone here and I wish you all well. 
Going to miss this place! 
Lots of love and cool rock 'n roll vibes, 
Liberty