Sign in to follow this  
downsouth26

R.I.P Looper

Very sad to see this. I remember Greg setting up the vocal mics prior to the shows I was at in 2014, the routine he had checking the microphones on stage, instead of saying ''testing 1 2 3''  into the microphones he always said ''Dude'' ''Main Dude'' ''Dude Spare'' which I always liked at the time! 😀

Condolences to all who knew him.    

On 6/12/2020 at 4:15 PM, dollardime said:

Very sad to see this. I remember Greg setting up the vocal mics prior to the shows I was at in 2014, the routine he had checking the microphones on stage, instead of saying ''testing 1 2 3''  into the microphones he always said ''Dude'' ''Main Dude'' ''Dude Spare'' which I always liked at the time! 😀

Condolences to all who knew him.    

YES!!!  I loved it from the second I heard it several years ago.  While everybody else went to buy a shirt and beer in between acts, I would always stick around and wait for him to do his mic check.  

Buried somewhere I have a video and/or audio that I recorded of him doing that at the final Hollywood Bowl show.  I remember it well because when he went to The Webb Sisters mic's he said "Hallie" and for a brief minute I thought "Did one of the girls get replaced?!?"  He went back and corrected himself a few moments later.

TPATHBHB09252017.thumb.png.9c60246768704617926d3e6519a6d1e7.png

I posted this in a different thread about the final show, but figured I'd post it here.  I took this photo the last show.  Looper is at Scott's position.