nurktwin

New RIC ordered

Love the new guitar!  Great choice!  I find myself rarely using the blend knob.  How do you like that full neck of the 350 with the smaller body?  I find it a lot easier to use. 

20200725_190239.jpg.16676294d38d4b9b7fa80078d1bc8328.jpg

Love all my Rickenbacker guitars, but this Mapleglo Rose Morris 1997 is my favorite.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:18 AM, nurktwin said:

The small body with the full size neck actually go together quite well. It's becoming one of my favorites.

Same.  My 350 is so much easier to play than the 325.  I don't know how John did it.

Congrats on your beautiful guitar and may it bring you a lifetime of joy playing it!

TY

I would imagine John did it cuz he didn't know shit about playing a guitar in the beginning. He bought the RIC in Germany that was blond on the 2nd row at the Music Show in 1959, but his was actually a late 1958! It was a must, it was American, and for John, that's all that counted. The size didn't mean shit, he couldn't play much anyway. Paul had to teach him chords, all John knew where a few Banjo chords his Mum taught him and at the time his guitar didn't even have 6 strings, he thought they came with 5!!! But John learned quick and mastered that little 325 and stripped it down and painted it black and took it to the local shop in Liverpool and they mounted a Bigsby B5 to it right on the glass counter top. That's the RIC 325 that became famous. It was copied many times by RIC and others, but there's only 1 John Ric in the world today and that's probably in the hands of YOKO. He did Commission Ric to make him a 6 and 12 string 350 in the early 60's that he used all his life and that's what I have today. John loved the small body and full size neck and used them til his last LP "Double Fantasy". John always like his guitars painted black in the early days and painted his himself. George Harrison idolized John since he was a kid and did whatever John did and he painted his 1957 Gretsch Duo Jet black to match John's RIC.  There's a lot more to this story, but so little time. Maybe......................................................

I'm in the process of ordering another new RIC (9th one). It's the 360 full size (George Harrison Model) 6 string with Vintage Toaster Pickups,  "R" Tail Piece, Vintage Clear Truss Rod Cover, double bound body with Checkerboard binding,  bound neck, Vintage shark tooth fret markers,  Bound Cat's Eye sound hole and more. A bit expensive, but I'm getting 1 of 30 in the world! When everything is completed, I'll show you some pix, if we can still do it here. Take care, hope to see you soon.............nurktwin

Limited Edition of 30.

NEW - We are excited to introduce our new 2020 Rickenbacker Limited Edition 60’s Style 360 Electric Guitar in Aged Fire Glo.  A limited edition run of only 30 numbered guitars are being made. The stunning Aged Fire Glo finish was inspired by the 60’s Rickenbacker Fire Glo finish!

Double-bound body with checkerboard binding, vintage X bracing body for extra tone, vintage tuners, vintage nameplate, vintage toaster pickups, vintage knobs, vintage pickguard cut, bound cat's eye F-hole, vintage style 21-fret neck, and more!

Rickenbacker_2020_Limited-Edition_60s_St