nurktwin

New RIC ordered

I've been digging through some of my guitars today that I forgot I even had. Ran across an old Martin acoustic and even an old Harmony nylon string I bought many years ago for just 1 song, "And I Love Her" by The Beatles. All are still like new! I took some of my RIC's to the living room for pictures and some Beatle Basses. My RIC 4001 bass is way back in the corner behind a ton of guitars, so I'll get that out later for pix. Today I'll post pix of 3 bass guitars, 3 RIC 12 string guitars and a couple RIC 6 string guitars. Hang in there, I'll have to load them to PC and then upload to the Farm. Bass and 12 string pix taken already, will do a couple Ric 6 strings next.

got a call from Sweetwater this morning and says they got my guitar in Saturday morn and set it up, took pix and shipped it. I should have it TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sitting by the door waiting. Email with pix didn't get here yet, but I'll post some til I take my own pix and post them too. bbl

guitar on Fedex truck that took a different route to my house and it's taking longer to get here. I won't get it today :( Should be here tomorrow, but I'll be leaving at 6am for the Cleveland Clinic and guitar has to be signed for. Don't know what's gonna happen at this point.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:42 AM, nurktwin said:

Ordered a new Fireglo Rickenbacker 350V63 Liverpool 6 string guitar this morning from Sweetwater. I hope it doesn't take years for RIC to make it and ship it. They are available for pre order in Fireglo & Jetglo. Here's mine.........

Rickenbacker_350V63_Liverpool_FireGlo_FG

Wow but that is absolutely gorgeous! I know it is going to sound great too. See why I enjoy drawing them? Look at the light reflections on the rounded edges of the wood and the pickups... and the color of the guitar would be a delightful challenge to capture on paper. Congrats and hope you get this gem soon.

I got back from Clev Clinic a couple hours ago and all 4 of my doctors (surgeon that took me apart, Plastic surgeon that put me together,  Oncologist and radiologist said I was doing absolutely great. Everything in my mouth and neck looked good and felt good, they were surprised I was eating all foods and talking as well as I am. So all is great for now, but I go back July 28th for blood work, CT scans of head, neck and chest and also an MRI and set up appointment with a Dentist. All that will be done in 1 visit with just 1 poke of a needle to put in IV. From the IV they will draw blood, shoot dye in for scans and another dye for MRI. A 2nd operation is still up in the air til I talk to the dentist. I'll keep you posted, or maybe not with the site closing down. But I wanted to let you know all is well for now cuz I was worried about some discomfort in my mouth the past 3 weeks, but I'm ok. Guitar update in next post. 

I got home about 2pm and Fedex wasn't here yet, they usually deliver about 10am. Me, my daughter and wife sat on the front porch to BS. About 2:20pm the Fedex truck pulled up and brought the box to the porch. I opened it and the guitar is fantastic!!!!!!! It's so beautiful I almost got tears in my eyes! Even my wife and daughter had big smiles on their faces and agreed it is one of the best looking guitars they have seen, and I have quite a few. I haven't plugged it in yet, but will shortly after I take some pix. I'll upload them asap to show you. You know, last year this time I found out I had cancer on my birthday, July 5th and this year, all the news was great and I got an early birthday present. What a great day this is, masks, gloves and all, it's great to be alive. BBL with pix.

I'm trying to get used to the 3 way switch positions for 3 pickups! Should have a 6 way switch.....lol. I read about that before I bought the guitar, but it's an easy fix. The blend knob helps a lot. If I want, I can take it to Lay's guitar shop and have it rewired, it's been done many times by a lot of players and it worked great for them.