Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

Mike Campbell SOLO song "Lockdown"

Mark Felsot made an announcement that The Dirty Knobs will be dropping a new track tonight at 9PM EST on TPR!  There is currently a free SiriusXM for a little while longer so if you want to sign up for a free trial you can hear it tonight. No idea if there will be a video or release on itunes/ spotify as yet but last time with Wreckless Abandon it was out in a day or two after appearing on TPR.  The force is not strong in me so I can't "tape" from my computer..  no mention of which track will be next or any other details... 

well this is a nice surprise! I figured it would be a single off the existing album not a new track from the band. I donated and got a key chain I had planned to get at a show to boot. :)  It is not a FLAC file for those of you that have not downloaded it as yet, just a MP3 but still sounds great to me. 

39 minutes ago, Hoodoo Man said:

not a new track from the band. I donated and got a key chain I had planned to get at a show to boot. :)  It is not a FLAC file for those of you that have not downloaded it as yet, just a MP3 but still sounds great to me.

I'm glad it's a new track, and you are happy about it. Who knew how things would go back when Mike had his health issues and the tour was postponed. Too bad they  didn't release the album as it would've been a nice distraction for some or escape during this virus-bs.

cheers

12 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I'm glad it's a new track, and you are happy about it. Who knew how things would go back when Mike had his health issues and the tour was postponed. Too bad they  didn't release the album as it would've been a nice distraction for some or escape during this virus-bs.

cheers

I have a sneaking suspicion the tour will be delayed again.  Given where we are in the search for a vaccine and the fact CA has banned all large events for the remainder of the year it seems less likely. Also I hate to say it but the dates while still on sale at local venues on the east coast but  have been removed from the DK website.  TIX were so cheap I don't mind holding onto them indefinitely but I have to guess we are looking at a 2021 tour at this point so why wait until September to release something that could have been out months ago?  :(  I realize Mike is old school and wants to tour behind the release but it would be logical to let the fans listen to it well in advance so we can sing along when we sing F that guy. ;) 

The DK show at the Troubadour that I have tickets for, has been moved to late October at this point.  The airline did not refund me, but gave me a voucher - and these vouchers have expiration dates.  If they move this show date again, I may be past the expiration date.  I guess I'll have to find somewhere to fly during a pandemic that is still in effect, or just eat the cost of 2 airline tickets.  Kind of shitty that the airlines got big checks from the Gubmint, but aren't refunding airfares.

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I realize Mike is old school and wants to tour behind the release but it would be logical to let the fans listen to it well in advance

At this point I hope they keep to their current release date and don't push it back any further. How many fans do they think they'll garner or copies of the album will sell based on a tour? It seems a very small audience relatively speaking, TPATH fans (who may not like Mike's voice or the TDK songs) and blues-rock aficionados. 

I've heard people predicting concerts will return in 2021. Who knows?

Certainly, could be a time for some virtual shows, or maybe something longer than instagram videos with more people in them. 

cheers

On April 22, 2020 at 12:58 PM, Hoodoo Man said:

official video and yes its ALL Mike! :D

Thanks for posting this. Man, err...Hoodoo Man that is some good music. There's a lot going on in there, I like it instrumentally quite a bit. Jury's out on the singing though and the lyrics, but...man, those chord changes, that riff, it's catchy. Not six feet away catchy. But catchy. Thanks again.

ciao

43 minutes ago, TheSameOldDrew said:

Thanks Mike for giving us some cheer these days!

It was posted here:

https://www.mudcrutch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17145-42120-new-knob-track-to-be-released-on-tpr-tonight/&tab=comments#comment-326711

And in this topic Mike plays some deep cuts, you have to hunt for them, but there's When The Time Comes, My Life/Your World/Ways to be Wicked etc. 

https://www.mudcrutch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16745-september-19-wreckless-abandon/page/5/

cheers

Ok, well technically I'd say it's not a Dirty Knobs track, since it's just Mike.  Maybe some people will find it here that weren't looking under the Dirty Knobs forum.  I think it works much better with Mike singing and playing all instruments himself (rather than with a band), given the theme of the song.  Lyrically it's very funny, very creative.   Also funny to see the toilet paper shortage reflected in a humorous way.   

And it's a good thing that Stan wrecked Mike's drum machine (in "A Bunch of Videos and Other Stuff") because now we can see and hear Mike playing real drums.  

23 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

And in this topic Mike plays some deep cuts, you have to hunt for them, but there's When The Time Comes, My Life/Your World/Ways to be Wicked etc. 

And even The Same Old You, though it's brief.   

On 5/17/2020 at 12:34 AM, TheSameOldDrew said:

And it's a good thing that Stan wrecked Mike's drum machine (in "A Bunch of Videos and Other Stuff") because now we can see and hear Mike playing real drums.  

:P:D

And his voice sounding like Tom´s.....in some way.....

On 5/17/2020 at 12:34 AM, TheSameOldDrew said:

technically I'd say it's not a Dirty Knobs track, since it's just Mike. 

Exactly. Still, it is a bit interesting how Mike labels it DK. Even insists on as much when interviewed - despite their conspicous absence on the track. (Supposedly they would all have played on it if it wasn't for corona? But then again....) There is something heartwarming about it. Reminicent of FMF days, and how certain Heartbreakers felt left out then - how that record was destined to be credited sans Heartbreakers - despite the scattered presence of most Heartbreakers, FMF wasn't really a Heartbreakers record, admitedly, but still - it's at least mildly amusing to me that MC now take the complete oposite route by releasing a DK title where he plays everything himself. Did the others even have a say.. :D 

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

. Reminicent of FMF days, and how certain Heartbreakers felt left out then - how that record was destined to be credited sans Heartbreakers - despite the scattered presence of most Heartbreakers, FMF wasn't really a Heartbreakers record, admitedly, but still - it's at least mildly amusing to me that MC now take the complete oposite route by releasing a DK title where he plays everything himself.

Mike's making an exponential leap forward; releasing solo material before TDK even comes out. 

On 5/16/2020 at 6:34 PM, TheSameOldDrew said:

well technically I'd say it's not a Dirty Knobs track, since it's just Mike.

On 5/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, Shelter said:

MC now take the complete oposite route by releasing a DK title where he plays everything himself.

On 5/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

releasing solo material before TDK even comes out. 

In this interview Mike emphasizes that everything he's doing right now is for "his band" (TDK, of course) and that only syncing issues kept Lockdown from being a whole band production. 

3 hours ago, Arete411 said:

Mike emphasizes that everything he's doing right now is for "his band" (TDK, of course) and that only syncing issues kept Lockdown from being a whole band production. 

I was just being funny, like Mike's got solo material ahead of TDK album, his own FMF. I guess it didn't come across : )

cheers

56 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I guess it didn't come across : )

It totally did! I selected your quote for inclusion, realized it didn't fit, and...forgot to remove it before posting. 🤦‍♀️

On April 22, 2020 at 11:40 AM, Hoodoo Man said:

figured it would be a single off the existing album

On May 16, 2020 at 6:34 PM, TheSameOldDrew said:

Ok, well technically

On May 18, 2020 at 1:31 AM, Wildflower said:

And his voice sounding like Tom´s.....in some way....

On May 18, 2020 at 11:02 AM, Shelter said:

Still, it is a bit interesting how Mike labels it DK

The most important issue is whether or not TDK will perform it live and if so, will I complain about it being on the set list. STAY TUNED!