Sign in to follow this  
Shelter

LOCKN' 2014 - Unreleased TPATH - Stream for Charity - This Saturday

Ok, great. I know. How ironic.. Sorry for posting it again then, people. Kinda. 

Not sure what the quality of saturday's stream will be. They boost it in various places as an "unreleased show", which just made me think it was pro shot. But it definitely may proove to be the same film (+ the charity option). I have no idea. A great show, either way. 

the ironic thing about this show is it was a bootleggers festival where people were encouraged to tape the whole thing.. Its a pretty good set I watched it when Nurk posted it a few weeks back. Its possible this is a multi angel show etc but it would be nice if they actually released something not widely available. Even the rest of the Fenway show as they only aired about half of the show... but for some folks not in the know this will be a treat... 

14 minutes ago, Hoodoo Man said:

but it would be nice if they actually released something not widely available

Very true! Let's hope they will eventually. The narrower, the better, I always say. 

It's interesting though, that they went with a '14 show, rather than '17.. Supposedly '14 is still contemporary enough not to be vintage,  yet a little bit different from the "final tour" that's been the most recent focus with fans. In other words, maybe they tried to offer something not totally obvious with this one, without making it extremely "archival", so to speak.

I'm thinking they are releasing this show because it may not have been professionally filmed, so let it out. The 2017 tour was filmed professionally and will take a long time to edit and be decided on what to release as a DVD for sale. 2017 could be released as individual shows OR a box set of all the shows!  And then again, maybe just 1 DVD of the whole set from various cities as the best of each song. I personally would love a box set with every show from the 2017 tour. OR every years tours!!!!

On May 14, 2020 at 11:09 AM, Shelter said:

they went with a '14 show, rather than '17.. Supposedly '14 is still contemporary enough not to be vintage,  yet a little bit different from the "final tour"

Sound reasoning. As for the show posted above, I skimmed some of it, very fine version of Woman in Love. The HE songs fit in well too, a shame they only kept Forgotten Man and too bad aside from maybe a bit of U Get Me High and Shadow People, they didn't take too many liberties with the tunes.

Weird. The '14 show is the last new album tour. Who knew? Sounds good though, and that outro of Woman In Love is pretty passionate.

ciao

It was a nice multi-cam pro shot from the video screen feeds. Most annoying bit was the webcam feeds of people watching at home dancing around and mugging for the camera. Anyways, minor gripe there and I am a miserable bastard to begin with!

Tom was not in the best shape that night it seems - you can see him visibly stoned out of his head (guessing from the painkillers) and you can visibly see the pain on his face. Not their best performance (Woman In Love is the standout track) but it's nice to have a pro shot from the tour.

If anyone wants to see it, the full show is available over at Dime in 720p.

3 hours ago, dylanfree said:

Most annoying bit was the webcam feeds of people watching at home dancing around and mugging for the camera.

This drove me nuts. Tom was emoting his heart out on Woman in Love, while the left half of the split screen featured a bunch of goofball kids grinning and jumping around with their dad. I appreciate Fans.com’s attempt to simulate a live experience, but last night won’t convince me to watch another of their livestreams.

It was a good show; I loved hearing the HE tracks.

1 hour ago, Arete411 said:

This drove me nuts. Tom was emoting his heart out on Woman in Love, while the left half of the split screen featured a bunch of goofball kids grinning and jumping around with their dad. I appreciate Fans.com’s attempt to simulate a live experience, but last night won’t convince me to watch another of their livestreams.

The additions of the at-home audience were lame.  But they were infrequent and not too intrusive.  The show itself was pro-shot and very well recorded.  Without the lame audience shots this would have been worthy of an official release.  At least it's something.    

19 hours ago, Arete411 said:

This drove me nuts. Tom was emoting his heart out on Woman in Love, while the left half of the split screen featured a bunch of goofball kids grinning and jumping around with their dad.

Ha ha, I found it goofily charming; it's nothing I ever need to see again. I don't know why anyone would think people would rather see people dancing around than the band? One group didn't even make sense, some people in masks, some without. 

Anyway, very good version of Woman in Love and maybe it's because I've not listened to it in a while but the outro solo in Running sounded very good too.

cheers

8 minutes ago, peterdimples said:

I'm listening to it through headphones right now and the sound is fantastic. I think I prefer this video to the Fenway Park show, which had really strange and severe camera angles

I agree, the audio portion is awesome, and the video is great too - other than the intrusive and very lame "home audience" shots, plus the constant calls for charity.  This could definitely be released as an official DVD/Bluray.  I've converted the audio stream for my own use, extracting a wav file from the video (not sure if it lost anything in the extraction).  I'm going to put track markings on it and possibly remove some of the "dead air" between songs.  It could be put on 2 CDRs of about 50 minutes each (if removing some of the dead air).   

1 hour ago, peterdimples said:

I'm listening to it through headphones right now and the sound is fantastic. I think I prefer this video to the Fenway Park show, which had really strange and severe camera angles

Good. Yes, I think less camera angels and abrupt shots should be the standard for live videos, intercut with relevant close-ups, guitar solos, drum fill etc. for most bands pretty much. 

1 hour ago, TheSameOldDrew said:

This could definitely be released as an official DVD/Bluray.  I've converted the audio stream for my own use, extracting a wav file from the video (not sure if it lost anything in the extraction).

Nice. 

cheers

On 5/17/2020 at 12:39 PM, dylanfree said:

OK - I have uploaded the show to my Google Drive for those of you not into torrents or members over at Dime.

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14mOX3NmqgNeK2IM2hCt0jTOr3-IPdwDi/view?usp=sharing

Hey, thanks again for posting this, I've enjoyed listening to it all day today while working. Its funny how I might have complained if I had been at that show that there were no setlist surprises, but streaming it six years later is a total blast.

I totally agree with the group that the live shots of people dancing in their living rooms isn't a bonus and its a relief every time the image cuts back to the band in the full shot. That said, I found myself touched to see the joy on people's faces to be "at a show" again. I went to more than 40 Heartbreakers shows from 1991-2014 and every one filled me with such excitement and positive vibes. My last two shows were Mudcrutch in SF and Oakland in 2016 and I was out of the country when they came through the Bay Area in 2017.

Hope everyone is healthy and well!

57 minutes ago, peterdimples said:

the live shots of people dancing in their living rooms isn't a bonus and its a relief every time the image cuts back to the band in the full shot.

Ha ha! Think about it this way, it was a one-off and it made some people happy. What they should do, is also show the concert sans the fans. 

58 minutes ago, peterdimples said:

Its funny how I might have complained if I had been at that show that there were no setlist surprises, but streaming it six years later is a total blast.

Makes sense, it could be a lot of things, just the fact of seeing live music like that you hadn't seen before even on a screen and that Tom has been dead for the past I forget now, nearly three years. So...all of that could add up. Plus from the snippets I saw, regardless of the fan's exuberance, the band seemed full of energy. 

cheers

I've mentioned this before but one more time, I think a live album of the final night could be three discs, two for the show, unedited and a third for all the one off or deep cuts played from the tour and the few songs they played at that Music Cares tribute to Tom that aren't repeats from the final night, so there'd be the only live performance of Waiting For Tonight. Plus Insider and Stop Draggin'.

Some nice photos inset with a picture of the last night's set list. Simple, affordable.

cheers