Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Where's Tomfest

Alongside the principle of freedom of speech is the principle of free choice. In other words, I personally choose to talk about a range of things and to choose which ones are interesting to me.  

Maybe it's the same for other people too.  

1 hour ago, Big Blue Sky said:

I thought it was about sharing our joy and interest.  If it's going to be about griping about one or two topics then... I'm not keen.  Just saying.  

7 hours ago, nurktwin said:

^    Isn't that called "Freedom of Speech?" I thought that was what America is all about.

I was joking about set list griping sending him away. 

Yes, freedom of speech is good.

Of course this place is about sharing joy and interest.

Peace.

If I may be frank? You do, though.  Gripe. Critique TPATH a lot more than you share your enthusiasm for TPATH music. Oh, about setlist and covers and drumming (and so on).  It's a very real possibility that this kind of thing is why he might have gone away, certainly based on his last message.  Though I don't know him or have any idea about his decisions.  Maybe he's busy.  

I assumed you were aware of this & chose to do it deliberately.  If not, well, yeah, it might seem this is negative feedback, but ultimately, it's good to know how we come across to others.  

10 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

If I may be frank? You do, though.  Gripe. Critique TPATH a lot more than you share your enthusiasm for TPATH music.

Could be, I'm not keeping track. I thought I've offered up plenty of positive thoughts as well over the years.

Either way I'd hope it wouldn't matter,  ignore my comments if they frustrate or don't interest.

I think part of the point of a message board is the discussion, both positive and negative as long as one remains polite.

10 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

I assumed you were aware of this & chose to do it deliberately.  If not, well, yeah, it might seem this is negative feedback, but ultimately, it's good to know how we come across to others.

No, I was trying to be self-deprecating, poking fun at myself.

I would hope any comments, speculations, criticism or general silliness from me wouldn't drive him away. It feels like I'd be too full of myself to think some criticism, griping or whatnot would have that impact.

Peace 

14 hours ago, Big Blue Sky said:

If I may be frank? You do, though.  Gripe. Critique TPATH a lot more than you share your enthusiasm for TPATH music. Oh, about setlist and covers and drumming (and so on).  It's a very real possibility that this kind of thing is why he might have gone away, certainly based on his last message.  Though I don't know him or have any idea about his decisions.  Maybe he's busy.  

Hi Frank.

Are you trying out some new variety of Godwin's Law?  😕

• Wikipedia: if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends. Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990.

I'm ok, thanks for asking.  It just seems that I don't have much in common with folks here anymore.  Rather than get spun up about opinions I disagree strongly with, I'm choosing not to read them.