Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Guitar Strings

Do you have packs of guitar strings all over the place? Do you have a pack in each guitar case only to find another guitars string breaks and you have to hunt for a case that has the same strings? Here's a solution I use. They are CD case holders! CD jewel cases are a bit wider and deeper that a standard size pack or guitar strings, but that's a plus. Simply stack strings in between the slide in inserts and what makes it even better is that you can put in multi packs of 3 sets or 10 sets. This case is clear to see everything in it and has rubber feet to stack more than 1 case. To separate different string sizes just stack all 1 brand and size then insert a slim jewel case as a divider and start another stack with different brand or size.  Check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/Stackable-Clear-Plastic-CD-Holder/dp/B0000E1VRT/ref=sr_1_13?crid=2DBQ1STP9XTVG&dchild=1&keywords=cd+case+holder&qid=1585401787&sprefix=cd+%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-13

61B2ZsTcDML._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Usually Ernie Ball "Rock and Roll" slinky - 10 to 46 on the electrics, and I have a couple of packs of Elixer Polyweb mediums for the acoustics.  The Elixers is what Taylor puts on their guitars and I have a couple of Taylors. 

I'm not super particular about strings though.  I have sets of Fender electric strings and D'Addario electric strings - all in the 10 to 46 range.  And I've got a 12 string set of Ernie Ball strings for my electric 12.  As I understand it, there are really only a few string manufacturers out there making all of these different brands.