Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

Bennomnt on IG

Ben posted this great video of Johnny B Goode last night on IG and it made me wonder why we don't have a thread for him. so here it is!  Benmont Tench III  also his wife Alice Carbondale Tench is quite lovely and a decent cook with a fun weekly show. She is not an expert but she is very entertaining and fun to watch. (When I say not an expert I only mean I don't think she has trained as a chef but has great recipes and talent.) Give them both a follow if you like.  :) 

I love how he gets the phone to topple and the footage after that. :D 

On 4/11/2020 at 6:11 AM, nurktwin said:

IS there a reason why we have to view all this stuff on Instagram now? If so, what's the reason? I can't see it now or ever, are you trying to track people?

A: Mike Campbell & Benmont release these short videos (just a couple of minutes) on their instagram accounts (rather than on Youtube)... They're publicly accessible.  You don't need to be a signed up member of instagram to watch them.  Yes, it's completely socially acceptable to look at someone's Instagram.  So, no, it's definitely not "tracking people" or being even vaguely stalker-y. Quite the opposite.  (Kinda like listening to someone on the radio when they're interviewed for a couple of minutes.)

And since not everyone has time to check social media accounts every day, this seems a nice way to share them & collect them here on one place.  

By the way, please answer this: what do you mean when you say "I can't see it now or ever."  Can you really not see & hear any audio and visuals?  Because if you can't, you might want to check your connection.  Take the post above? --->  Benmont writes "your first crush always stays with you. I was a fan when I joined mudcrutch, and the reunion records and tours just plain made my heart sing. I felt like I was home. cheers, y’all," and the footage is of a his Mudcrutch vinyl playing on his turntable.   Over in the Mike Campbell instagram thread, he plays some his astonishing collection of guitars, pretty much everyday at the moment.  

On 4/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, nurktwin said:

IS there a reason why we have to view all this stuff on Instagram now? If so, what's the reason? I can't see it now or ever, are you trying to track people?

I suppose if you don't like seeing what Benmont or Mike share it's easy enough to skip the threads?   Ben has played a number of songs on his account and I don't tend to share anything not music related...  If as BBS said you can't see the images for some reason I don't believe you need an account to view the shared files so it may be a browser issue or something...  Mike has shared a ton of great snippets of songs and Ben has only recently started doing the same. Jason Sinay of the DK also has shared some solo stuff that I find quite impressive so I figured it would also be worthy of sharing.  It all comes into my feed on IG which I only visit occasionally..   

I could for sure see an issue if we regularly shared the wacky stuff Anakim shares on IG. She has some real issues from what I am seeing, even before the covid issue she seemed to lack structure in her life... :(  

Cheers and happy Easter! 

10 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

seemed to lack structure in her life... :(  

Yes, agree, vacuous musings by offspring of famous people are a whole different kettle of fish from musical creations of our favourite keyboardist / guitarist / singer / songwriters.  :-)

Maybe she has a stimulating intellectual & creative life going on - but she keeps it private? 🙈 At least she seems to be keeping her two main themes separate (last time I checked).

Spoiler
  1. Selfies of herself / pet dogs
  2. Art (of body parts most people cover with clothing when they're in public)

34 minutes ago, Big Blue Sky said:

vacuous musings by offspring of famous people

Before you ask - caveat - except in specific cases where aforementioned "offspring of famous people" are indeed interesting & creative professionals in their own right.  In which case, they are relatively likely to be posting their own interesting content & unlikely to be posting "vacuous musings."  

• For example (& this is not a complete list) :  Lucas Nelson and Micah Nelson (Willie Nelson) and Dhani Harrison (George Harrison).  All seem interesting & creative & not clones of their parents.  Since cloning technology still has some way to go.  
  • Later addition to list:  Anoushka Shankar and Norah Jones (Ravi Shankar) and the 3 generations of Hank Williams-es.