TomFest

Things to do while on home lock-down

^    I live in a rural area too, but I got used to staying in and away from everyone after my cancer operation last July. So I'm not going crazy being in the house all the time, I'm used to it now. I guess I'm ahead of the curve. I don't know if I'm out of the woods yet, I'm missing my tests and appointments this week, cuz I cancelled them. I can't see going to Cleveland Clinic for that when people from all over the world go there and bring in more problems. I'll wait til another month and hope I'm ok til then. I'm just playing the game day by day.

4 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Tastiest pizza on the planet. I'm assuming its as good upstate as in the city proper.

It is but it's thicker in most places lol. Just to give you and others an idea because most people don't realize this but upstate is everything north of Yonkers. To give some perspective, I live in the Adirondacks but right where the begin at the southernmost part and not near the Canadian border lol. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_New_York#/media/File:Map_of_New_York_Economic_Regions.svg

1 hour ago, martin03345 said:

I live in the Adirondacks but right where the begin at the southernmost part and not near the Canadian border lol. 

Gotta ask.  So is there a North Country Fair (in the area of the state that's north of you)?  

15 hours ago, nurktwin said:

I can't see going to Cleveland Clinic for that when people from all over the world go there and bring in more problems. I'll wait til another month and hope I'm ok til then. I'm just playing the game day by day.

That's very kind of you Nurk. I hope you are doing well physically and good luck!

On 4/6/2020 at 3:59 PM, TomFest said:

That game was against the Mariners.  Please don't make me re-live that horror. 🙂  We were lucky it wasn't a no-hitter.  I have watched a few old Mariner games though - Randy Johnson's first no hitter was on a couple of days ago. Felix Hernandez's perfecto a week ago or so.  

You should watch Randy's 300th win if you haven't already seen it. It was crazy...something like a 2- or 3-hour rain delay, so only a handful of fans were there.

I'm also enjoying watching the A's 1970s World Series games.

Anyway, my daughter and two grandsons are still here. I have been reduced to having the boys wear my vast collection of TPATH T-shirts for their (and my) amusement. In our town, everyone goes outside at 8:00 and howls at the moon. Weird, but fun.

On a more serious note, we are thankfully able to continue serving lunch to the needy every Thursday. They tried to shut us down, but we fought back and won. :)

Well the band hasn't been able to get together for many weeks now so we decided to try something new - a remote recording project.  I charted up a song we've never played before, an old Pink Floyd song called "Echoes".  Pre "Dark Side of the Moon".   It's well over 20 minutes long so it never got radio airplay, and only hard core Pink Floyd fans know it.  But it's got kind of a creepy minor-key vibe and I always liked it.    Anyway, I recorded an acoustic guitar track and a lead vocal, and put it up in our shared dropbox folder,  The rest of the guys (except drums) grabbed and recorded a bass track, a violin track, an organ track, and a harmony vocal.   Our version is less than 4 minutes, and after a rough mix, here is what it sounds like.   We're having fun with this......

Echoes v13.mp3

OK, this is weird - I got a haircut today.  They opened for haircuts here.  I was going to just let it go and be a hippie, but the wife said my hair was a crime against humanity, so OK.  Actually feels pretty good to do that though.  Semi-normal.