TomFest

Things to do while on home lock-down

Ive been recording originals , watching multiple old movies on dvd.  Painting toy soldiers and The Beatles figurines.  Watching my 3 bunnies run and going for daily radiation treatments and cooking . started yard work on saturday.

We went for a long drive yesterday. Didn't get out of the car or even stop anywhere, but it was nice to just focus our eyes on something more than 10 feet away.   We're supposed to have some temperatures in the 60's finally this week - first time all year we've hit that number, I believe.  I'll get out on the bike a bit this week.

I have a 15 mile bike trail behind my house that runs from Youngstown, Ohio to New Castle, PA, but the only bikes I've had were Harley's! No motors allowed on the trail. The whole 15 miles is a country setting along a river, no cities.

Hi all--I know I don't come around here (much) no more, but it's good to see all of you.

Thankfully, I went to spring training early this year, hooray! Anyway, my daughter and two grandsons are visiting from Costa Rica and cannot go home until May, so our home is definitely loud with a 4- and 2-year-old, haha. It's been a good distraction.

I've also been watching "classic" baseball games on the MLB Network and our local sports channels. Tomfest, look for Roger Clemens' 20-strikeout game from 1986; it was a blast to watch that one.

Trying to listen to President POS as little as possible, but I am very thankful for Gavin Newsom's actions during this @#$% crisis.

42 minutes ago, wild1forever said:

Tomfest, look for Roger Clemens' 20-strikeout game from 1986; it was a blast to watch that one.

That game was against the Mariners.  Please don't make me re-live that horror. 🙂  We were lucky it wasn't a no-hitter.  I have watched a few old Mariner games though - Randy Johnson's first no hitter was on a couple of days ago. Felix Hernandez's perfecto a week ago or so.  

1 hour ago, Nel said:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'I ate 11 times and took 5 naps and it's still today. Fuckology'

This pretty much sums up my life these days. 

Looking forward to better days...post-Covid-19.

If we thought America was fat before, just wait till this home lock-down is over.  I know my fridge is begging for mercy.  Last time I walked by it said "what the hell do you want now?".

(apologies if I already used that joke)

Big day today.  I went to the office.  Took all my stuff back there and just worked from an empty office for the morning.  I'm on the exceptions list, so why not.   Then my wife and I went and met the kids for lunch in the parking lot on the tailgate of my truck at my favorite teriyaki place. They have the best sauce and teriyaki is all about the sauce.  Maintained the 6 feet apart thing of course, but it's a nice sunny day and it was great to be outside and see the kids.  Then I got an oil change on the way home.  Stayed in the car the whole time which was a little strange for an oil change but whatever.  Almost felt like a normal day again.  Almost.

Here's something to do on your time at home. I've been to a bunch of shirt sites and tried to create T-shirts and Sweatshirts. Prices range from low to quite high depending on material, brand and so on. I found a few sites and tried their online customizing. The one's I like are more expensive, but have more fonts, colors, sizes and front and back side printing, material quality and more. I've had my logo's done for years, so this time I tried to create a shirt in honor of my mom! She made the best "Wedding Soup" in the world, really! The last time she made it, I just happened to take a couple pictures of the pot on the stove. She always made it for Palm Sunday & Easter and then again for Thanksgiving. So I took the picture and created a t-shirt with her name under the pix. Looks pretty good, so I ordered 4 to get started. They should be here in a week or so. Anyway, that's another idea for you to do on down time. AND it wastes time, sometimes a day or 2 to get it right until you learn how to do it on each site!

13 minutes ago, nurktwin said:

No problem, take care.

As you too sir.

But outside of the daily grind at work, I've been using the quarrantine time at home to more or less go on more walks around the neighborhood. Luckily because I live in a not so densely populated area in upstate NY, I can use that downtime to kind of meaner without anyone else around while listening to an inordinate amount of podcasts and Drive-By Trucker songs