TomFest

Things to do while on home lock-down

On 3/31/2020 at 5:02 AM, TomFest said:

Guess I'll start the 2 week clock over again.  I don't think I ever get to 2 weeks before I have to start the clock again.  

Maybe another option might be to consider grocery delivery services / veggie box to the door?  Sure, longer order time than normal, but if you're organised, you're effectively pre-ordering for 10 days from now... that's not such an issue.  

^    I ordered 40 pork chops, a whole boneless ham, a whole rump roast and 6 pounds of ground beef yesterday, but this store doesn't deliver, so my future son-in-law will be picking it up today and drop it off here. I'll still need to buy chicken, pork roasts, veggies, lettuce and so on IF they go on sale. I think I have enough toilet paper, paper towels and dishwashing and laundry soap for now. I hate doing shopping this way because I like to pick out what I'm buying. Calling in an order and having someone pick out what you get is not my idea of shopping. Luckily the few local grocery stores I shop at know me and I know them, so I call and ask for the person I know in the meat dept and place the order with them and they cut my steaks, chops and roasts, so I'm good to go. I wouldn't dare do that with Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart or Target or any big chain store.

40 minutes ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Started watching Netflix documentary ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band From Texas.  

how is it? Always loved their music up to Eliminator, especially the older stuff but never got much into their backstory... 

1 hour ago, Big Blue Sky said:

Started watching Netflix documentary ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band From Texas.  

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Always loved their music up to Eliminator, especially the older stuff but never got much into their backstory...

All I know of them is the beards, and that Legs song/video. Not much interest. Then I learned the one guy played on a Queens of the Stone Age song and I guess told them how he got some neat sound in one of their songs, turns out their was a bit of a technical issue with the guitar chord and it created some interesting distorted and unique sound. I guess. That's it for zztop and me. Peace. Oh wait, sometimes music documentaries are more interesting than the bands. While I like some Metallica songs their documentary was interesting.

I think I've watched something on one of the 80s "hair metal bands" too and while I didn't like the music, the behind the scenes stuff shown was interesting.

ciao

7 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

how is it? Always loved their music up to Eliminator, especially the older stuff but never got much into their backstory... 

Excellent so far!  Still in their early days.  When they're "getting the band together" they jam on Shuffle in C for three hours.  You read that right.  Their Texas accents add to the entertainment value - these fellas tell a good story.  Highly recommend.

9 hours ago, nurktwin said:

veggies, lettuce and so

exciting - lettuce seedlings are popping up here!  Maybe consider growing some too or sprouts on window sill?  (Oops, I know there's another thread for gardening during the duration.)

A friend's cooking photo inspired some pancake-making here this week. (Yum).  They freeze & thaw well... good for snacks.  

Hey it's baseball season, so how about some baseball cards.  I'm sure some of you guys have the Tom Petty cards from this set of music star cards that came out in 1991. I bought an unopened box of packs on eBay for $5, and got a few of the Tom Petty cards,

tyims4E.jpg?1

fRhyZET.jpg?1

We've all heard about "The Day The Music Died", but today I'm going to listen to "The Day Music Changed" (in my opinion). It all started with 2 LP's called "Rubber Soul" & "Revolver". After those 2 LP's everything changed forever. Music was listened to in a different way, it was recorded in a different way, it was written in a different way. Everyone copied the way those LP's were written, structured and sung. They may be more important than "SGT. PEPPER"! I've been watching TPATH Farmaid '85 and now Beatle history on Amazon Prime, but when it's over I'll be listening to these 2 LP's. Have a great day and take care of yourselves!

A story in the L.A. Times this morning sites a study that suggests that "just breathing could spread coronavirus".

People are so selfish.  Thinking they need to breathe all the time.  We could stop this virus right now if everyone would just stop breathing. Who among us is going to step up for their fellow man?