Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Slow internet WiFi connection??

If your 2nd or 3rd PC's on your WiFi connection is slower than S***, try this. I ordered it yesterday morning on Amazon and it was here early afternoon!! It replaces the WiFi Stick and sets you up as "Hard Wired' connection without all the electrical wires running through your walls to other rooms. It comes with 2 units and 2 CAT5 cables. All you have to do is plug each unit into a wall socket and push the "pair button" on the side. They pair within seconds. Then remove them from wall and put in outlets where your main PC is and the other where your 2nd WIFI PC is. Connect unit 1 to router of main PC with included cable. Then connect 2nd cable to unit 2 and to Ethernet port on PC 2. Turn on both PC's and your done. Now PC 2 is using "Hard wired" connection and is fast as hell, like your main PC. This is working great and is providing excellent streaming for TV too. I think it was about $70 on Amazon, and then I bought an extra 5 pack of CAT6 cables that are 14 foot long just in case for $20. There are cheaper units out there, but nowhere as good. There is also an earlier version of this available by the same company, but I passed on that for the newer more expensive one and I'm glad I did. This is working great! Here's the link for what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Powerline-Pass-Through-TL-PA9020P-KIT/dp/B01H74VKZU/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1RY4V0E4E937K&keywords=tp-link+av2000&qid=1583533508&sprefix=tp-link+av2%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-1

I would only add - your mileage may vary.   This is not new technology and there are potential issues with using the electrical wiring in your home to carry ethernet.  Notice how the description says "up to" certain speeds.  As low as 10 Mbps possibly.   Eyes wide open.

My 2nd PC in the bedroom now registers 90 Mbps download and 12Mbps upload according to the Time Warner (Spectrum) sites speed test. Just a bit slower than my main hardwired PC. Not bad at all. I was getting 1.2 Mbps upload and 46 Mbps download before I connected this. I'm happy, maybe I should go out and buy another guitar!!!! LOL, But seriously, how about a RIC 330 with 2 P90's??????? That would be interesting.