Sign in to follow this  
Shelter

If you could buy just one record....

Then buy 15 !

https://store.rhino.co.uk/eu/1970-the-complete-fun-house-sessions-15lp-box-set.html

Hmm.. what a weird world this is. Stray and savage Iggy fans can be happily bulldozed flat and panting from excitement by this monstrous, complete and beautiful set, and us Pettypuppies can't even have a home made double disc installment of some of Wildflowers sessions thrown our way?! 

Jeeze.. and here I was, thinking that Dylan's 18 disc Cutting Edge extravaganza was some kinda exception.. with a disc and a half dedicated to the song of songs Like A Rolling Stone only. What's that like a massive amphetamine dose straight in the brain, for the average Bob librarian. Onslaught. Overkill. Still that mtotherload covered no less than three albums of his... And now here comes Iggy... Minus the actual album and some live stuff, there are 12 discs' worth of session racket on there! Just for Fun House. Ohmama...  

Seriously, my endlessly patient and well mannered friends, if the Petty camp could assign Ryan (or someone professional) to curate and produce just a fragment of that Fun House amount of stuff, for at least a few key TPATH albums -- let's say a 4 or 5 disc each archival sessions highlights release series, shall we? - I would be struck mad by gratitude and happy surprise. That is, if I wasn't already mad by disbelief. (Insanity is my only option, you ask?) Either way - seeing this level of unfair rule the world, I will have trouble speaking from here on out. Iggy... you rock so much that I can't even wrap my poor head around it. I'm exhausted just from thinking about it. You win. 

OK, the title says 1 (ONE) record. When I was a boy, 1 record meant 1 disk (vinyl or CD), not a box set of 18!   SOOOOOOO, to answer this correctly, the 1 (ONE) record I'd buy is "Abbey Road" by The Beatles. If you want a single Tom Petty or TPATH disk, I'd have to pick "Full Moon Fever". I hope I set the record straight!!!!!!

BTW, Insanity "IS NOT" the only option, if you thought of that, I'm sure you can figure out the other options!

Already did this a few months back - still smiling. The untitled album by The Band, nicknamed The Brown Album.  Yes, it's weird it's not a Heartbreakers or Petty solo... I wouldn't say no to them if I saw their "first edition in good condition" albums for sale, you understand.  Anyhow, I'm still really thrilled I saw my personal holy grail in the shop & I had spare cash that week.  The owner said when this album came in the day before, he cleaned it, took it home & played it (marvellous sound quality) and then put it out for sale in the morning.  Whereupon I snapped it up, with joy in my heart.   

Why though can we only buy one?  So limiting!!

Abbey Road (mentioned above) is indeed a fine choice.