Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

My Gibson LP Goldtop

^     Absolutely!!!    My Gretsch case will be here tomorrow for the "Firebird Red" Gretsch DC Duo Jet I just bought. I'll try to start pulling out some RIC's too for pix. My problem is that my "Vault" is only 13 foot by 22 foot and it's packed solid to the ceiling right now. I can't even get to the back where guitars are lined up in cases, let alone my 1st set of Ludwig (Red Sparkle) drums. I've already expanded to other rooms for 2 more sets of drums and many more guitars. I need a bigger house, or build a giant music room!

I got one of those brown "historic" cases with my Les Paul R8.  I don't use it though. I friend of mine gave me one of these hard plastic Gibson cases that Les Paul Standards came with in the 80's.  My new 1987 LP Standard came in one of these.  I sold it many years ago though.   I bought this R8 new in 2013.  Not super flamey, but most '58's weren't.  I've heard these cases referred to as "chainsaw' cases.  Which I guess makes sense. 

By the way, I love the goldtop.  

pRtJSq2.png