Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Tomfest question

Hi, I've been busy today and haven't tried this out yet. Tonight, I'm listening to Jeff Lynne solo LP's and have a thought. Since we have Gibson LP's that are DC Jr's, I think we should try to play an early ELO song called "10538 Overture" on our guitars. I think we can probably get close to that sound just cranking it up on our single P90 Jr's without pedals! I've been busy with dumping cable TV, and remodeling some rooms and finally got all the plumbing done. Still have to check on carpeting and more. Also need to measure about 10-11 guitar pedals and check into a pedal board, not sure what board to buy yet or just build one. Anyway, what do you think of trying 10538 on the JR?

I think the Junior could handle that tone nicely.  I don't know about doing it without my tube screamer though.  I'd have to turn up the amp louder than I normally would in the room I'm in.  I'll have a go at it tonight.  Somehow, I've never played that one before.  For one thing, he sings it in a register I can't reach.

^    Damn, you are the 2st person in my life that I've ever heard say they can't sing that cuz Jeff sings it in a higher register and they can't reach it. You are in great company, cuz the 1st was "GEORGE HARRISON" !!!!!! And George can sing high in any register!

George could sing plenty high.  Ever try "For You Blue"?  I have to move it down to do that one.  I can get to "Here Comes The Sun" in the original key though.  Even George moved that one down sometimes.

I used to sing high to match anyone, but after last year's operation, I'm lucky I can even try to talk let alone sing. I often wonder why I'm still here if I can't sing or talk well. Those things mean so much to me and now they are gone. Luckily I learned to play drums and can still sit in the back and play!!