Sign in to follow this  
MaryJanes2ndLastDance

New Edition of Conversations with Petty by Zollo

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

there is an existing thread already with discussion ongoing...  why not continue there?

That seemed more of a there's a new book coming! And this would be differentiated by people who have read it, hence a few fresh topic. Sometimes a new topic also gets conversation going.

1 hour ago, Boxcar Trev said:

I loved the first book

Me too.

1 hour ago, Boxcar Trev said:

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

We shall see. Hopefully those who've read it will share their thoughts. I'm leery of purchasing it since I doubt the expanded material will be enough or focus in the areas that most interest me; like you I'm waiting to see what others think.

cheers

I'd have to read the first one again in order to notice what got changed/added in the 2nd edition.  I will at some point, but I have a pile of books in front of that to get to.  Just picked up Carole King's autobiography.  I'm 8 years late on that one.

On February 24, 2020 at 10:33 AM, Boxcar Trev said:

Has anybody had a chance to look at this yet ?

There's a seemingly large mistake when Hypnotic Eye is referred to as Hurricane Eye. It's actually quite shocking considering the quality of Mr. Zollo's first edition. I wonder if there's something in the newer material where HE was actually going to be called HE instead.

cheers