Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

The Gorge

I've been there 3-4 times to see TPATH and on 1 occasion I called Chinner about 3 in the afternoon and we met at the gate and we went down to the stage early (show wasn't til 8pm). We BS'd during the setup and then Tom and all the Heartbreakers signed my RIC 360/12V64 (George Harrison) guitar. What a great day and night.

In the earliest days of concerts there, you could buy season tickets.  A buddy of mine at work had 2 in the front row and 4 in the 2nd row center. His brother was somebody in the music business.  The problem was when they announced the season schedule, you had to buy the tickets for every show of the season, and both shows if an artist played twice.  It was always a mad rush for him to quickly sell off the ones  he couldn't use so he could pay for everything.  I saw a lot of shows from those first 2 rows.  Eventually the venue changed ownership and that was the end of that.   But even after, we always got first few rows for Tom Petty.