Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

YouTube Television

Does anyone have this? I'm thinking of cutting the cable again. I'm not sure yet how it works from my PC to get to my TV's. They have a free trial that I may sign up for today. There are over 70 channels in my area including local stations for $50 a month, much better than $210 for cable. I'll have to keep my cable for PC to use YouTube TV, but cable alone without bundle is about $65 a month. If you have any helpful info on YouTube TV please respond and let me know. Thanks.

My problem with cutting the cable is - there is no other way to get the ballgames.  We watch virtually all 162 games in the season, and cable is the only way to get them.  But you can get all of the major networks over the air for free in high definition.  Actually a better picture than cable because there's no compression used on the OTA signal.   Sorry, no help with YouTube TV, but I believe Hulu also has live TV?

I started the free 14 day trial yesterday on 2 of my TV's. Samsung and LG have the app built in from 2016 on, unfortunately these 2 tv's were built in 2015. I followed the directions to download the app to the tv's (identical instructions for both LG & Samsung) and neither worked. I did happen to buy 2 Firestick 4K's over a year ago and knew that I could set those up and then download the app to the firestick to use YouTube TV and not the firestick. After signing into Amazon I got the free app and had to download it to the firestick, I couldn't download it to my PC or a disk to save it, it had to go to the stick!! After that was done I had to sign in to "Google/Youtube", Google owns youtube. Once signed in i entered the code # and everything worked great. The picture is much better than cable, it was the 1st thing we noticed. Unlimited recording storage is free and stays in your library for 9 months. When you click the "Live" button, the menu of shows comes up with over 70 channels. Scroll up, down, sideways to highlight the show you want and click it and you're watching live tv. I like it better than cable. When you sign up for Google/Youtube TV you can select options to add to the basic 70+ channels with monthly costs listed. HBO, Starz, NBA channel and a lot more. But the 70+ channels included for the $50 a month is more than I need. So far, I'm happy with it. When I buy a new tv, the app will be in the tv and I won't need the firestick, but the way I have it set now, the stick and Amazon are not involved with me watching tv. Here are the channels for $50 a month including MLB. BTW, when you sign up for the free trial, they ask you for your credit card # so you can be billed after the 14 day trial is over and I don't like that. Just shut me off after 14 days and send me an email to sign up at that point. Well, I figured a way around that and it worked. I entered an expired credit card # and it went right through, now after 14 days there is no way for them to charge me. If they want to keep me they'll have to email me for a new card #.........LOLOLOLOL

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?dst=live

They do have a lot of features for much less than what we pay for cable, but the Mariners' own "Root Sports" or partially own it - and all of their games are on that channel - and no Root Sports on Youtube TV.  I write to the Mariners every year asking for some other way to get the games, but so far the answer has always been no.  It doesn't make sense because young adults these days do NOT subscribe to cable for the most part, and they are losing fans.  This is the 21st Century and they need to wake up.

But another factor in streaming - especially 4k streaming - is my cable company has limits, and you can exceed them pretty easily by streaming 4k content all the time.  I would need to switch to an ISP that has unlimited data.