Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

Dirty Knobs to open for part of Chris Stapleton tour!

I just saw the Knobs will open for part of Chris Stapeltons stadium tour this summer! not all dates but Denver and Chicago amoung others are part of this.  The key is sort of weird but obvious once your eyes adjust to the weird tiny font... ;) 

83758035_2860860540642633_5919040347836514304_o.jpg

not sure how widely know it is but Chris co wrote at least one track for the new album. Its the censored track name about 'that guy.'.. In the intro for that song Mike mentions writing a few tunes together with Chris.  I downloaded the two recent albums and an old one and the guy is very talented. reminds me of later Cash stuff. 

Not a Stapleton staple myself, so to speak (but I know tons are), but this is a really neat concept, must say. Some really cool combinations, an ok vintage style poster and a tour hopefully packed with cool music and atmosphere. I just like the vibe. Would go if I came close.

Besides.. you just gotta love the band name The Highwomen. Just brilliant that!

The problem with this is it looks like 38 dates and 15 guests! We know Chis is not having 15 guests at any 1 show. So who is showing up where? I'd only buy tickets for a show near me with the DK's and we have no idea by this schedule who's going to appear anywhere. Piss poor tour announcement by Chris, his management, record label, or whoever put this up!

3 hours ago, nurktwin said:

we have no idea by this schedule who's going to appear anywhere

It’s in very faint letters, but the guests for each show are footnoted on the poster. So for example TDK is a “special guest” up until Denver. 

13 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

not sure how widely know it is but Chris co wrote at least one track for the new album. Its the censored track name about 'that guy.'.. In the intro for that song Mike mentions writing a few tunes together with Chris.  I downloaded the two recent albums and an old one and the guy is very talented. reminds me of later Cash stuff. 

The way Mike explained it the other night, Chris had a title idea and then Mike ran with it. It turned out to be a crowd favorite; who can resist yelling that at the top of your lungs? 

8 hours ago, nurktwin said:

The problem with this is it looks like 38 dates and 15 guests! We know Chis is not having 15 guests at any 1 show. So who is showing up where? I'd only buy tickets for a show near me with the DK's and we have no idea by this schedule who's going to appear anywhere. Piss poor tour announcement by Chris, his management, record label, or whoever put this up!

This shows only the DK dates/cities.

83237192_1301205776745112_2725554579247726592_o.jpg

16 minutes ago, nurktwin said:

^    That's more like it, thanks. Nothing near me :(

yeah you kinda need to have really good eyes and know some algebra to figure out the image in the first post.  That is a marketing fail to me.  Roger Waters just blew my budget for concerts for the foreseeable future. got some very good seats for the Boston show. Almost didn't make sense not to go with what I got as the "Cheap seats far from the stage" were over 200 each... :( It was cheaper than getting similar seats to my last Petty show, so I can't complain but FML Ticketmaster and their fees...  I can see three knobs shows for that money! JUST THE FEES!  Its really outrageous what they get away with... 

1 hour ago, Hoodoo Man said:

JUST THE FEES!  Its really outrageous what they get away with... 

"All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing". Already Edmund Burke knew what passive acceptance can lead to.. or like in this case, active support through purchase. In other words, it's us that "let them get away", by playing along with their rules. Applies to everything from pricing to politics, I'm afraid. Not that it's easy to make the "good" choices. Or to avoid the "bad" ones. Just saying. (What am I saying? Oh! Right! )

That said, I did let Roger Waters blow my mind once. Would not let him do the same to my budget. :D

3 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Ticketmaster and their fees...  I can see three knobs shows for that money! JUST THE FEES!  Its really outrageous what they get away with... 

It's disgusting all right. I'm a fan of getting tickets the day of from the box office sans fees. Or from fans with an extra but I realize that's not an option for everyone especially if they are traveling. The larger point is,  I think TDK fans are going to be in for a treat with Mike's approach to live shows.

cheers

I think you read it wrong then. It's all very philosophical. There's always room to point fingers. :) Of course. In a way it's the not pointing fingers that starts it all.

But again.. not allowing "evil" all this freedom to roam is a good place to start. It's philosophy.. about individual responsibility, sure. It does not deny there are "evils" to begin with, though.. just stipulates some directional advice how to acy when faced with it. Encourage, accept or deny.

Kinda works in reverse too.. about "good". Like what do you do when green buds show in your pot (not that pot...)? Do you give it water and sunshine to see it grow or do you let it struggle and die? It's really simple.

Also it says good "men", rather than "you" or "man" - which to me suggests it's a social, common good that we have to aim for together. But again.. the point... It all has to start somewhere. Yeah.. the mirror. At least that is as far as you can control that groovy goodness that you are so full of. Reallly it just says.. There would be no TM monopoly and no thouroughly corrupt entertainment/venue industry unless "we" were cheerfully willing to pay through our noses to make it happen rather than focusing on what really matters. Truth. "How much we'd pay for what we used to get for free" and so on and so forth... There are always forces willing to move the limit further. Always men willing to follow.

But let's not go there. Let's stay cool. (Define cool.)

12 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Sounds good. You and I Will Post Again.

when you're least expecting it... 

As for the choice, I can miss out on one of my favorite musicians last tour in protest or I can get really good seats.  This will be epic as one of the best stage shows I ever saw was PinkFlyod. Saw them twice, once in RI at a small civic center and the second time at Foxboro.  PF are done, Roger has a good shot of leaving me speechless. Amused to death is sublime. 

Not surprising news, the Chris Stapleton tour is postponed until 2021.   Wonder if the DK will still open some of those dates or if Mike with be back with FM by then... 

https://mailchi.mp/chrisstapleton/all-american-road-show-rescheduled-for-2021?e=38595caf77

186e466a-e878-4bf4-8b67-2f5a5fe95b7e.jpg

All-American Road Show Rescheduled for 2021

We are very sorry to announce that this year’s All-American Road Show has been postponed & rescheduled for 2021. We’ve made this decision with the health and safety of our fans, touring family, and the communities we travel through as our number one priority.

All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the rescheduled dates. For those unable to attend a rescheduled date, you will have 30 days to obtain a refund that will be made available at your point of purchase. For a list of tour dates, please visit ChrisStapleton.com/tour

The rescheduled dates for the shows at Globe Life Field in Arlington and Wrigley Field in Chicago will be announced as soon as possible, pending Major League Baseball’s final schedule for 2021. The show at Truist Park in Atlanta has been canceled and tickets will be automatically refunded. We’ll be returning to Atlanta next year and those details will be announced at a later date.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate these unusual times. We miss seeing your faces in the crowd, hearing your voices and sharing the moments that we can only have when we come together in music. We hope to see you next year. Until then we wish you all good health & safety. Stay strong & God bless.
Morgane & Chris

ddd7d8a1-d92e-4714-9cb2-d35b808e76dd.jpg

Rescheduled Tour Dates

6/5/21 - San Bernardino, CA - Glen Helen Amphitheater

6/10/21 - Boise, ID - Ford Idaho Center

6/11/21 - Portland, OR - Sunlight Supply Amphitheater

6/12/21 - George, WA - The Gorge Amphitheatre

6/17/21 - Bakersfield, CA - Mechanics Bank Arena

6/18/21 - Sacramento, CA - Toyota Amphitheatre

6/19/21 - Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre

6/24/21 - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre

6/25/21 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center