Sign in to follow this  
Hoodoo Man

I will run to you Duet with Tom and Stevie???

On 1/25/2020 at 8:47 PM, livin´thing68 said:

The song comes from the 1983 Stevie Nick album Wild At Heart. Duet with Tom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9E9BRD/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

OK that makes more sense. I have Rock a Little and her greatest hits, not that album. Not a big fan of her voice / music beyond the obvious hits with Tom and Don. There are a few good singles here and there but the warble in her voice does not do it for me. I did start to look at thread you linked before getting busy with other things..  More there than I would have guessed so Tom keeps giving me presents even now.. :D  Need to give some of those tracks a listen. The only one aside for the obvious duets that are quite popular was the dirge of a XMas song she did in DC for the Clintons...  that was a little rough especially as I expected Tom to do a little more with vocals based on the thumbnail image Youtube used... 

12 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I have Rock a Little and her greatest hits, not that album. Not a big fan of her voice / music beyond the obvious hits with Tom and Don.

Rock a little, you say. If you want to rock a lot more, perhaps you should consider standing in line for the 1981 stellar Bella Donna album? (What´s that? There´s no line?! Strange... but all the better..) Speaking of Don and Tom, BD has them both draggin her heart around in various ways, not to mention plenty of Heartbreakers action all over.

Moreover - both BD and the follow-up, the aforementioned The Wild Heart was reissued the other year, on wonderful repackaged CDs with bonus tracks. Yum? You betcha. You just have to learn to live with her voice, I suppose. Think you can do that. Fair enough. Ok then.

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

Rock a little, you say. If you want to rock a lot more, perhaps you should consider standing in line for the 1981 stellar Bella Donna album? (What´s that? There´s no line?! Strange... but all the better..) Speaking of Don and Tom, BD has them both draggin her heart around in various ways, not to mention plenty of Heartbreakers action all over.

Moreover - both BD and the follow-up, the aforementioned The Wild Heart was reissued the other year, on wonderful repackaged CDs with bonus tracks. Yum? You betcha. You just have to learn to live with her voice, I suppose. Think you can do that. Fair enough. Ok then.

small doses are OK  I actually like the track Ruth posted with Mike on guitar a lot.  Bella Donna is decnet.  My best frined out of college was a huge fan of Stevie and dragged me to see her live a few times in the mid to late 90s   she was good but not as memorable as my favorite band...  If I recall there were a few shows I saw where she toured in the same time frame as Tom and I had hoped she would show up for a duet on the big hits but she never did to my recollection..  I have apple music so I can grab Bella Donna for free and give it a virtual spin... will let you know my thoughts when I get to it.  

3 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I have apple music so I can grab Bella Donna for free and give it a virtual spin... will let you know my thoughts when I get to it.  

Ok, sounds good. (No, I mean it really sounds good! :)

I'm sure seeing her in the 90s may not have been top rate exactly. Mid 80s is where the bigger chunks of magic is with her, surely. Just seeing the official live photage of those early solo tours on dvd is fantastic, let alone having been there.

3 hours ago, Hoodoo Man said:

Bella Donna is decnet. 

Not sure that is a compliment, but yeah.. if you say so :D